IGNORED

jordan b peterson

zlemflolia

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, perunamuusi said:

How is that not a parody account?

I mean, he became a parody of an academic a long time ago. 

"up yours" He's such a fine adult

Anyone seen his interview with Daniel Dennett? So much cringe. Was hoping for some good arguments. But it's another classic "Jordan Peterson tries his hands on philosophy and fails". It was mostly about Peterson and his ideas. Kinda like watching Bill Maher. But less fun. Dennett kept his friendly loveable giant schtick going. As opposed to, say, Zizek, who had none of it during their session.

• Haha 1

On 4/14/2024 at 7:43 AM, Satans Little Helper said:

"up yours" He's such a fine adult

Anyone seen his interview with Daniel Dennett? So much cringe. Was hoping for some good arguments. But it's another classic "Jordan Peterson tries his hands on philosophy and fails". It was mostly about Peterson and his ideas. Kinda like watching Bill Maher. But less fun. Dennett kept his friendly loveable giant schtick going. As opposed to, say, Zizek, who had none of it during their session.

This was my favorite sit-down yet but more from a satirical perspective than anything else. It's important to know that Jordan is full throttle apologetics now in the spirit of C.S. Lewis. Any conversation that may seem to be about science, philosophy, politics, etc will inevitably steer towards the Biblical corpus and it can be a drinking game to figure out when it will happen. 

Daniel was so funny at times. When Jordan does his 5,000 word essay on Bible stories being psychologically true, he paused and said something like ".... you're making something very easy so hard" and it summed up the entire JBP experience in under 1 second lol. 

He gave Daniel a deference that he doesn't normally give to guests and it made for a much nicer dialogue. I know the Lobster King is full loon but I am grateful for these kinds of podcasts because, otherwise, my feed is diabolical: Shane Gillis and Matt McCusker debating the ethics of jacking off while your wife pumps breastmilk or Tim Dillon making an incest joke...I am not a refined podcast listener hahaha. 

Edited by xxx
Flubbed the name
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, xxx said:

This was my favorite sit-down yet but more from a satirical perspective than anything else. It's important to know that Jordan is full throttle apologetics now in the spirit of C.S. Lewis. Any conversation that may seem to be about science, philosophy, politics, etc will inevitably steer towards the Biblical corpus and it can be a drinking game to figure out when it will happen. 

Dennis was so funny at times. When Jordan does his 5,000 word essay on Bible stories being psychologically true, Dennis paused and said something like ".... you're making something very easy so hard" and it summed up the entire JBP experience in under 1 second lol. 

He gave Dennis a deference that he doesn't normally give to guests and it made for a much nicer dialogue. I know the Lobster King is full loon but I am grateful for these kinds of podcasts because, otherwise, my feed is diabolical: Shane Gillis and Matt McCusker debating the ethics of jacking off while your wife pumps breastmilk or Tim Dillon making an incest joke...I am not a refined podcast listener hahaha. 

Was one of Dennetts (Dennis?) last interviews. He died the 19th. 😞

His interveiw/podcast with Brian Keating was more recent. And better, imo.

Peterson The Lobster King is a loonytune. He's grifting on the conservative/evangelical US crowd. Tiresome.

Edited by Satans Little Helper

2 hours ago, Satans Little Helper said:

Was one of Dennetts (Dennis?) last interviews. He died the 19th. 😞

His interveiw/podcast with Brian Keating was more recent. And better, imo.

Peterson The Lobster King is a loonytune. He's grifting on the conservative/evangelical US crowd. Tiresome.

Yes I flubbed his name by accident. Thanks for this link-- shame he died

• Like 1