IGNORED

Where was he

marf

Guest AlexPallas
breakdancing with Alec Empire for the final episode of "Top of the Pops"

now that would be something to see

stupidest thread ever, lol

he probably did something completely fucking irrelevant to what was going on, like hanging with mates or eating or making music or whatever, and then he found out about it in the newspaper next day

in case i ever get rich and famous, here's what i did. i played deus ex with the TV right next to me, not paying much attention until the second plane crashed

Guest DrHat

i was in class, when someone came in and announced it. i proceeded to crack jokes until people got a handle on the situation, and realized what it actually meant. then i stopped making jokes. i knew it'd be the last opportunity i'd have for a while.

i think joke time is almost here, again.

• 9 months later...

I was off to my piano lesson (yes, make fun if you must watmm) and my piano teacher was about 15 minutes late (wasted half the lesson) because he was watching it on the news. He seemed pretty effected by it so I could make all the mistakes I wanted, it was pretty cool for once... I got home to see what all the hype was about and there was coverage on every channel. Every programme had been interupted for on-the-minute news updates from the 9/11 site. I then remembered that a few years ago, I used to place the towers next to airports in Sim City to cause accidents

i was on the way back from bunking college (i drove halfway there and decided to go home instead) i got home ..sat down for a bit played guitar.. logged on the internet, it was all over yahoo.. i went downstairs and watched it on tv

I was in NYC. I was in college and was on the subway when the first plane hit. On my way to class I stopped to gram a jelly bagel at a deli and it was on TV but everyone thought it was a little commuter plane at first. I grabbed my bagel and was like huh, big deal, some dumbass. Nothing more. I went to my experimental film class and it wasn't interrupted. 3 hours later we got out and people were running all over crying and shit. We stopped a guidence counselor to ask what was going on. She said "both world trade centers have been destroyed, the pentagon has been hit. I'm going out to give blood".

When we got outside it was totally silent. No cars or horns or any noise. this is in new york city, mind you. the only sounds were birds in the trees and fire engines 8 avenues away going down the west side highway. that was crazy hearing something that far away in manhattan. on broadway people were roaming aimlessly in the street like in "dawn of the dead". no one knew what to do. I gave a complete stranger a hug. phones didn't work. I had a friend that lived right next to the WTC that I couldn't get in touch with. I was wearing sandals ( for the first time in my life without being on vacation or going to the beach ) and was afraid it would turn into "Die Hard" where Bruce Willis has ro run barefoot through broken glass. that was scary. there were tanks and fighter jets and army guys with machine guns on the street. it was marshall law. all of the bridges and tunnels were closed and I was living in brooklyn. I was stuck on Manhattan Island that night. I was lucky to bump into my friend and I slept on her floor that night. There was a huge cloud of smoke.

The next day the wind blew the cloud of smoke uptown, so the entire island was slowly engulfed in a cloud of debris. That day, we decided to get out of the city just in case. We had to run 30 blocks to penn station to get a train out of NYC in the middle of the day. I was with my 2 friends and one of their little sisters (she had just moved to NYC a week before. Crazy). I remember being afraid that more planes would hit as we were running past tall buildings like The Empire State building. We managed to get the last train out of penn station that day and took it out to somewhere in New Jersey where a friend of a friend of a friend's family lived. The area was a high-income, suburban area where a lot of commuters who worked in the twin towers lived. All of the driveways were filled with cars of family members. That was sad. I finally managed to get ahold of my mom in chicago, there. She told me that they were going to take my grandpa off life-support. he was 92. I figured I'd try to make it back home. so the next day, my friend's dad drove from Cleaveland, Ohio to New Jersey (a long trip) and picked us (my friend, his sister and I) up to take us back to Ohio. I got a friend to drive from Chicago to Cleaveland to pick me up to take me home. When I got back, we pulled the plug on my grandpa and he didn't die for 2 weeks. He had nothing in him but wet air and morphine. Hie hospital room had a TV on with the news and it was all about NY and Bin Laden and everything. I wonder if those were his last memories. That was pretty sad, too.

When I go back to NY 3 weeks later, I had lost my job in room service at a sheeshy hotel in SoHo. Also everything below Canal St. was closed. You needed an ID and a proof of residence to get past the Army checkpoints. It turned out that my friend who lived next door to the WTC was ok. We were working on one of his films at the time, so we had to go past ground zero to get to his place to figure stuff out. There were tanks and shit all over. The rubble was everywhere and EVERYTHING was covered by a half-inch or more of grey dust. There were cars upside down and all smashed in the middle of the street, on brodway. The site was all mangled and on fire, smoking for weeks. I got wo walk right by it.

Lastly, I remember we had to drop off a van at a parking garage nearby. thre were cars inside that were driven by people that died in the towers. they were covered with dust and some of their windows had been cleared by people to see inside. we looked inside to see that there were half full cups of coffee, morning newspapers and maybe half-eaten bagels or apples from that morning, now weeks later. those people never made it back to their cars. on a few, people had written in the dust with thier fingers "not forgotten".

fuck george bush, by the way.

Guest combatvet101

I was in boot camp for the Army, then told prepare for Afghanistan. Instead got sent to South Korea to defend against crazy Kim Jong Il, then sent to Iraq for the invasion. The iraqis became frightened when I blared Come to daddy from our boombox travelling through town on patrol.

Archived