IGNORED

Slowdive - Everything is Alive

13 minutes ago, xxx said:

If you go to Wal-Mart in the late evening, they have this "Wal-Mart Radio" thing going across the store and I've been pretty surprised at how good the selection is. Last week, "PYT" by Michael Jackson was on and damn do I love that track. I was alone in the aisle so I was just singing it in an awful falsetto. I rounded the corner to this Latino feller and we were singing it at the same time lol. He stopped while I kept on and just went: "eeexactly" while nodding haha. Anyway, "Kisses" came on right after and I just couldn't believe I was picking up Dove Men's Care Comfort soap bars in Wal-Mart with a Slowdive soundtrack. I pulled this album back out and it's so good. 

did you go to the halloween section. to like, check out the masks...

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, xxx said:

If you go to Wal-Mart in the late evening, they have this "Wal-Mart Radio" thing going across the store and I've been pretty surprised at how good the selection is. Last week, "PYT" by Michael Jackson was on and damn do I love that track. I was alone in the aisle so I was just singing it in an awful falsetto. I rounded the corner to this Latino feller and we were singing it at the same time lol. He stopped while I kept on and just went: "eeexactly" while nodding haha. Anyway, "Kisses" came on right after and I just couldn't believe I was picking up Dove Men's Care Comfort soap bars in Wal-Mart with a Slowdive soundtrack. I pulled this album back out and it's so good. 

Did not see a “wal mart made me think of slow dive” post coming! 

Great album, if a little unremarkable. But I kinda love that about it! Low key.

• Like 1

I've also found a new found appreciation of this album. There are a couple of terrible tracks which drags it down (don't ask what they are it's 5am) but as Friendly Stranger says it has this low key vibe which symbiotically links into my brain in a good way.

(I've been wanting for ages to use the word symbiotic, and hey presto! there we go, and for 5am and no coffee that's got to be worth treble points 🎯)

On 10/16/2024 at 4:53 PM, Alcofribas said:

did you go to the halloween section. to like, check out the masks...

Shedding tears over the good ol' days m8 🤣

Would the kids even consider wolfing out today? I somehow doubt it. They got a whole new goon going lol.