IGNORED

Slowdive - Everything is Alive

they’ve still got it. the production is just a tad bit polished for my taste but really enjoying the vibe on this track. i remember seeing them on their reunion tour and couldn’t believe it was really happening. in high school they were just like this long forgotten myth. glad they are still making things.

• Like 1

What a welcome surprise. They hit me hard.. so hard I was almost afraid to click the new single until I was ready. But Neil is calling this album "breezy and positive" it seems. Sounds perfect right now. Can't wait. 

Me and a friend saw them live in the summer of 2014 at what must have been my last festival drinking alcohol.

My friend's wife found us rolling on the grass laughing in the bicycle park later that night. I reckon it was a good show.

I never truly bonded with their comeback album to be honest, but the new single sounds great.

The new single is good but a real downgrade from their previous work. Hopefully it'll grow on me and the new album might surprise me because their four other albums are heavenly.

Edited by milkface

• 3 weeks later...

I now have their reunion selftitled and this new one to check out! Consider me quite excited. Have long enjoyed their music (not as long as some, I'm not old enough to have followed them in their original run in the 90s) and for a while they were just legends of the previous generation

Also, while we wait for the new album. Morr Music put out this fab comp of Slowdive Covers by electronica artists (1-14) and some tracks "inspired by Slowdive" (15-28)...

some great stuff here.

https://morrmusic.bandcamp.com/album/blue-skied-an-clear

Edited by hayhook
  • Like 5