IGNORED

TU M' - Monochromes Vol​.​2 [Line]

Scaramouche

Really looking forward to this, Monochromes Vol.1 is excellent. 

https://lineimprint.bandcamp.com/album/monochromes-vol-2

“'Monochromes Vol.2' is an archival collection of works created in 2008 by Italian multimedia duo Tu m’. The 'Monochromes' series is a collection of modular audio and video compositions for electric chamber ensemble. Intended as fragile atmospheric colors made of sound, light, space. 

Previously unreleased until now, these eight majestic, cloud-like pieces are a continuation of the prior Tu m' album 'Monochromes Vol.1'(LINE_040) published on LINE in 2009. Vol.1 is one of the most downloaded, streamed, and cherished in the LINE back catalog, voted among the 15 best releases of 2009 in the area of electronic music by The Wire magazine. 

LINE is thrilled to be able to have this second collection of just over an hour of works unearthed after 15 years.”

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

really enjoying this. i really love how delicate this music is. it's hard to describe bc there's lots of music on line imprint that goes for a soft, quiet sound, but somehow the monochromes series hits different. everything is really distant but with distinctly sensed layers that open up a lot with headphones. it's interesting to me how there are these beautiful threads of noise that arise when certain things fade in (monochrome 25, and monochrome 3 is beautifully noisy) as well as what come across like kick drums or bass sounds (monochrome 4) but somehow the mix is so restrained that these never sound percussive. very much like a distant thunder effect. idk, it's hard to explain why this feels so unique to me. one way of looking at it is in relation to their other releases - none of them sound like this, the other works are way more similar to other computer music i've heard a million times. i think it's hard to identify why certain ambient music works for me better than others but i definitely feel it physically. it creates a physical mood that transports me right away.

• Like 1