IGNORED

Autechre Live 2024

Neurodancer

1 hour ago, zaizai said:

farts

This is how my girlfriend just yesterday described AE's music (was listening to London B's intro at the time).

• Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

Just booked tickets for Dænmark.

I finally convinced a friend to try Ae live again, he noped out of the SE1 Club gig back in 2005. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scaramouche said:

he noped out of the SE1 Club gig back in 2005. 

Tragic...

• Like 1

On 5/31/2024 at 1:18 AM, IAUAUA said:

During both gigs, I sat in the very center, holding my iPhone very carefully. Unfortunately, had to poke away two idiots in Paris in the beginning.

You can download Paris from Soundcloud. Will send you the Rennes link in a moment. 

What app did you use to record Rennes with? Just iPhone vid? 

21 minutes ago, Nenlow66 said:

Damn. Superior recording. Taking note 

Thanks, I was really determined to bring you all listenable bootlegs. 🙂 Will do the same in Riga.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Scaramouche said:

Just booked tickets for Dænmark.

I finally convinced a friend to try Ae live again, he noped out of the SE1 Club gig back in 2005. 

The man was a fool. Seen them live a few times now but that gig was absolute peak Autechre.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, danshoebridge said:

The man was a fool. Seen them live a few times now but that gig was absolute peak Autechre.

they played for 2 hours in portland  for untilTed tour. it was epic. i found a spot where it sounded good. stayed there the whole time and danced. 

9 hours ago, ignatius said:

they played for 2 hours in portland  for untilTed tour. it was epic. i found a spot where it sounded good. stayed there the whole time and danced. 

That’s an hour extra! Is there a recording of it somewhere?

I hope they come back to the 2003-2005 kinda breaks with their system. It almost seems like that now.  

They showed us something of that in the London Barbican B set that people seem to like the most of the 2022-Lives. 
It was also a live-clip from Barcelona I thought I hear the Surripere kind of beat going off! 

On 6/5/2024 at 12:46 AM, xox said:

Yo, toao! No need for apologies! If you think that my shit deserves a facepalm just go for it! 😉

I was half joking but i do think that the ratio of percussive vs melodic elements in the recent live materials favors percussions much more than in the previous seasons, especially if we would compare it to 1990-2000 live material, or with 2005-2008 material and even vs 2014 live sets. And i can’t say that 2024 sets resemble their last album material very much. I understand that some ppl would say that even a chromatically tuned kicks and claps can be considered as a melodic line but i wouldn’t go that far in this case

I still disagree here because factually there is just as much melodic content as ever, it's just that there are so many "sound events" going on at once that it's overwhelming to the point where it sounds like dissonance, or that the percussive elements are simply easier to hear and focus on. Not to mention that they have effectively blurred the line between percussive and harmonic sounds (not that this is anything new - look at something like xylin room first half for example). The 2022 live sets are jam packed with chords and melodies, and in fact the later sections of the "A" set have quite a serene major-key harmony.

:datboi:

• Like 1

Hearing a defined pitch here or there and hearing a few chords is not what id call melodic elements which should be chromatic sequences that you can follow and observe as a whole, with its structure, beginning and end. My point is that it’s something ae has abandoned lately in favor for endless morphing rhythms and notes/chords that to my ear are obviously not melodic, at least not primarily melodic; you can’t have melodic and endlessly morphing at the same time. You’ve said that maybe we should give a 10 years to understand it? But that’s not the point with live music; it should be consumed there-and-then, in-the-moment… so imo it wasn’t meant to be melodic at all; at least not that very moment. And ok, if that was their intention to be endlessly morphing and like continuously flowing stream of energy, and I think it was, ok then. But to say it’s a melodic material, it’s most definitely not!

12 hours ago, xox said:

That’s an hour extra! Is there a recording of it somewhere?

not that i'm aware of. maybe time changed while they played. i remember it as 2 hours. i think i was even wearing a watch. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...