IGNORED

Shackleton - The Scandal of Time

Soloman Tump

Very prolific! Also a follow up album with Zimpei came out last month, the first one was excellent weird drones so I have this one in the bag too.

https://samshackleton.bandcamp.com/album/in-the-cell-of-dreams

The collab album with Scotch Egg was really great too,  gonna be in my top 10 of the year

1 hour ago, Soloman Tump said:

Very prolific! Also a follow up album with Zimpei came out last month, the first one was excellent weird drones so I have this one in the bag too.

https://samshackleton.bandcamp.com/album/in-the-cell-of-dreams

The collab album with Scotch Egg was really great too,  gonna be in my top 10 of the year

Wtf didn't realise that new Zimpel collab was out either! Loved the first one

Not sure how I've missed these but excited to catch up & hear the new one! 

The promo blurb says this may be his last solo record for a while, I think my wallet may breathe a sigh of relief.

Like Bob, I still havent fully got my head round his last solo outing (as fantastic as it was) as I just keep getting pummelled by more Shack. The Scotch Rolex collab was unusually sunny and fun, while the Purge of Tomorrow record felt more akin to the Deliverance series.

My favourite of the recent records has to be the Flesh & the Dream with Heather Leigh. It was like a streamlined version of the Tunes of Negation project that felt like some heavily mutated 80s 4AD record.

Will put this on later.

• Like 2

Bandcamp: 'The Scandal of Time [...] might also be his most advanced, forward-facing work in years.' - SOLD haha

And oh my the Scotch Egg collab is so mind-bending: 

• Like 2

Just has my first full listen, and it's a great album I think will just grow on me with repeat listens. It sounds so clean and pure and still not artificial or overproduced. Beauty!

Seeing him DJ next weekend, and really looking forward to it!

Edited by Drix
  • Like 1

Took a couple of listens for this to click with me (and been bit 2 obsessed with Actress the past few weeks to give it full attention!) but listened more last few days & now fully into it.

Awesomeness once again & as much as I've loved his collaborative stuff this does feel more focused and has that classic Shackleton sound but is still pushing things forward.

Still need to catch up with the other stuff I've missed from him but planning to take it slow as his shits deep & deserves proper listens.