IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

behringer pedals are ok, a bit noisy, and my chorus pedal emits random pops and clicks every now and then, but other than that, they're pretty good. the rv600 reverb is freakin' great.

i also have a behringer virtualizer pro, the reverb on that is almost as good as a quadraverb. the vocoder is pretty great too.

Edited by modey

Guest SecondaryCell

I spent four years building my studio in my garage -ran out of money a couple of times - now that it's finished I try not to leave the place as much as possible (typing this from the back workstation right now).

studio.jpg

Guest analogue wings
I spent four years building my studio in my garage -ran out of money a couple of times - now that it's finished I try not to leave the place as much as possible (typing this from the back workstation right now).

studio.jpg

and you've made... how many?... finished songs in there?

Guest firefunker4

not to be a dick... but i think that question could be relevant for all the posters with the 'best' studio set-ups.

i would love to hear the top 3 tracks from those who think their kit pwns everyone else's.

not to be a dick... but i think that question could be relevant for all the posters with the 'best' studio set-ups.

i would love to hear the top 3 tracks from those who think their kit pwns everyone else's.

i don't think my gear 'pwns' much of the stuff on show here but here you go anyway:

Dissolved States

Mountains of the Moon

Let's Take This Dinosaur

these weren't recorded on my current setup, i haven't settled in to it enough to have any full tracks (i only put it all together on the weekend), but i'm working on some!

Edited by modey

Laptop/Reason/Headphones.

Studio1.jpg

Shitty Ebay percussion drum machine, rekkids, synth book for synth noob.

Studio2.jpg

Microkorg, lol.

Studio3.jpg

Wurlitzer Organ circa 1969, purchased from some guy on ebay who lived in the middle of the woods in northwest Jersey. I got it for 40, he later emailed me demanding more money cos he felt bad he let it go for so cheap. lol.

Studio4.jpg

Goes with Organ.

Studio5.jpg

And no studio is complete without a Cat.

Studio6.jpg

studio.jpg

lovely room, but needs more gear imo. your studio basically comprises a drum kit and a computer. nice job on the decor though.

Guest SecondaryCell

As an artist - 2 album's worth so far: discogs.com/artist/SecondaryCell

As an engineer I've mixed and mastered about a dozen projects in the space.

I don't think my studio pwns anyone's, it's all about the music anyway - and you can get great sounds anywhere if you learn your equipment and room. I just got sick of working in bedrooms and basements where I couldn't trust the sonics and had to constantly check mixes in the car, living room, boom box, etc.

You can hear what I consider some of my best tracks on my MySpace page:

myspace.com/secondarycell

or on the music page of my official site:

secondarycell.com

lovely room, but needs more gear imo. your studio basically comprises a drum kit and a computer. nice job on the decor though.

Well, I do have a guitar on the wall too...

Yeah, I used to own lots of hardware gear (Memorymoog, PPG System, Simmons SDX, Prophet 600, DX7). I got tired of the constant maintenance and waiting half an hour for some of it to warm up. So I copied my favorite sounds into software and never looked back - and the hardware turned out to be a great investment, I got anywhere from 8 to 10 times what I paid for each piece originally. That money became the down payment for my house and allowed me to build the studio.

The only thing I sold a long time ago that I really regret was an original Minimoog Model D. I would like to get another someday but the prices are ridiculous.

As an artist - 2 album's worth so far: discogs.com/artist/SecondaryCell

As an engineer I've mixed and mastered about a dozen projects in the space.

I don't think my studio pwns anyone's, it's all about the music anyway - and you can get great sounds anywhere if you learn your equipment and room. I just got sick of working in bedrooms and basements where I couldn't trust the sonics and had to constantly check mixes in the car, living room, boom box, etc.

You can hear what I consider some of my best tracks on my MySpace page:

myspace.com/secondarycell

or on the music page of my official site:

secondarycell.com

Well, I do have a guitar on the wall too...

Yeah, I used to own lots of hardware gear (Memorymoog, PPG System, Simmons SDX, Prophet 600, DX7). I got tired of the constant maintenance and waiting half an hour for some of it to warm up. So I copied my favorite sounds into software and never looked back - and the hardware turned out to be a great investment, I got anywhere from 8 to 10 times what I paid for each piece originally. That money became the down payment for my house and allowed me to build the studio.

The only thing I sold a long time ago that I really regret was an original Minimoog Model D. I would like to get another someday but the prices are ridiculous.

yeah, i did notice the guitar actually lol....fair enough on selling your stuff, whatever works for you innit? definitely get another moog though if you ever can!

Guest firefunker4

thanks to the people who shared. i was just curious...especially knowing the kind of time & financial commitment that goes along with acquiring even a modest amount of gear. i know some people with mountains of kit and they utilise every piece to its fullest... and others who approach it more from a collector's stance rather than a composing/musical one. conversely there are people who have a tiny amount and transcend any and all limitations.

as for me- i just have a rusty old cowbell. and i can't even play it that well.

i know some people with mountains of kit and they utilise every piece to its fullest... and others who approach it more from a collector's stance rather than a composing/musical one.

i guess i'm kinda in between those two, at least with my guitars. i do collect them, but they all sound quite different to each other.

ive actually been using the wii controllers as midi controllers for a while now. theres an

and therell be another one from last friday up soon. i was actually thinking of doing a 'talking at camera' demonstration as most of the wii-midi vids on youtube are quite wank.

btw, the above setup is my new post-manifest sounds rig. ive got none of my hardware/ circuit bending/ toys with me as i dont have room for it. pretty much splashed out all my wages on a new macbook, some monitors, a cheap lcd with vga input tv and a graphics tablet (which aside from graphic design work, doubles up as a very versatile kaoss pad).

ive actually been using the wii controllers as midi controllers for a while now. theres an
and therell be another one from last friday up soon. i was actually thinking of doing a 'talking at camera' demonstration as most of the wii-midi vids on youtube are quite wank.

Oh, cool. I had no idea they could do that. I didn't mean to make fun, but it was kinda weird to see videogame controllers among a music software setup.

MUSIC IS SERIOUS BIZNIZ

if look theres also a wii next to them. my bed is also directly behind the desk. one minute im punching gabber kicks and waving cutoff squeltch, flick a switch and im playing mario kart.