IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

Guest Promo
Yeah, those shots were real. Yeah, it sucked.

As to what happened, the house caught fire after we had been home for about an hour from vacation. Started in the attic in the HVAC unit (we had been fighting raccoons up there for the last 3 months, rumor has it they might have chewed through some wires). When I was sitting out in the front lawn while the crews were fighting the flames and I saw the fire shoot out from the attic space above that room.. almost in slow-motion all their hoses (they had 7 engines out there) took aim for my music room.

After it all cleared out I emptied probably a few gallons from the 202's, etc.

So much stuff is toast in there.. I've taken a lot of the items to be checked out, but the 303 and 606 for instance just let out these grinding, droning screeches. MS-20, TR-808 don't power on. Pretty much the same thing for everything in there. Everything had been serviced in the past and most were in absolutely fantastic shape.

But, now they're just bits of salvage.

It appears that the RE-201 and RE-501 are the only two items to escape unharmed, but still reek of fire.

Oh.. also Jered at Future Retro was kind enough to thoroughly restore my 777, XS and Mobius. I really can't say enough good things about him and his company!

Oh dude that's real harsh. Looks like you had so many nice pieces of equipment. Luckily most of my equipment ain't worth a damn. Fuck really sorry for you dude.

Yay!

P6070067.jpg

P6070073.jpg

I had to downgrade a little... no room for the 88 key controller, and I got a new, smaller desk. But this is actually the best setup I've had... everything is within arms reach. Also, the desk is a funky shape, which allowed me to use my speaker stands, which is a bonus.

Being able to listen to music through my monitors after 4 months of laptop speakers, and ipod headphones... its so good....

edit: and right behind my chair is a sofa/futon that's really comfy... so I can watch movies, etc.

Edited by Kcinsu

Thats hot!

Whats the diagram on the left of your setup? I don't know what it is, but I feel like I need it.

Its a chart of all the instruments of the orchestra... it says their range, as well as for the various human voices, and the Hz value of each note

It came with "Mastering Audio" by Bob Katz, and is very handy :)

bobbook.l.jpg

Edited by Kcinsu

Guest dild0
Its a chart of all the instruments of the orchestra... it says their range, as well as for the various human voices, and the Hz value of each note

It came with "Mastering Audio" by Bob Katz, and is very handy :)

bobbook.l.jpg

damn it looks like really well made!

can you scan it for us and post it here?

would be really appreciated

I have no access to a scanner.... :(

I highly recommend the book though. It's not about mastering audio, in the sense of becoming skilled with audio.... its referring to actual mastering of mixes and CDs.

Its extremely good....

here is the google book preview, to get an idea

http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&id...7qzysMUSKXmz0hg

• 3 weeks later...
mess.jpg

lol.

How them A7s treating you? Got enough bass? I can't decide whether to get those with or without a sub, or maybe something with 8" drivers....

got rid of the a5000 because it's kind of overkill with the rs7000 ... also overly complicated.

things i want are, scratch turntable for sampling, kaoss pad, a few more effects, a filter, and then of course a decent set of monitors

i have yet to make any new music with this gear/setup... seems i'm collecting until one day i feel inspired

post-146-1215375720_thumb.jpg

Edited by YEK

Guest hahathhat
How them A7s treating you? Got enough bass? I can't decide whether to get those with or without a sub, or maybe something with 8" drivers....

good! they sound nice to me... bass? depends on what "enough" is, i guess. i haven't been really feeling the need for a sub, personally. however, as lavar burton says, don't take my word for it. i'm not really someone you should turn to for speaker reviews. every monitoring setup i've had before the adam a7's has been shit in some way - cheap. got quite sick of it. so, when i had money, i found out what the best was (best that i could afford, anyways) then promptly went out and bought that. my bank balance dropped so quickly my ears popped, but now i don't have to deal with shit monitors any more.

so, essentially, my experience is mostly with crap monitors - of course the A7's seem good in comparison.

Guest aeser

i have a7's too. they sound incredible but if you want a lot of bass get subs, can't really compare nearfields bass to that of a sub anyway and the a7's don't particularly push the low frequencies.

Guest hahathhat
if you want a lot of bass get subs, can't really compare nearfields bass to that of a sub anyway and the a7's don't particularly push the low frequencies.

yeah, the bass isn't huge, but there's enough that i can hear what i'm doing - that's the best way to summarize it. also of note, i have them set up quite close to my head - two or three feet. i imagine that might impact how i hear the bass.

i ought to go research how to get the orientation best... equilateral triangle, i know, but i don't completely trust my eyeball measurements. then i gotta work on my environment, get rid of the computer fan noise...

Guest Dogboy73

A dodgy panaramic of my modest little set-up;

dsc01261sd6.jpg

• PC with Delta audio card running Acid Pro, Tracktion, Reason 4, Sound Forge & various plug-ins
  • Spectral Audio Neptune 2 analogue mono-synth
  • Akai MPK49 MIDI controller keyboard
  • Korg MS2000 VA synth
  • Technics SL1210 turntable
  • Soundcraft Compact 4 mixer
  • Fostex PM0.5 monitors
  • Bottle of dodgy German lager :beer:
Edited by Dogboy73