IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

Thanks! It's a shame I'll have to wait until next year to properly use the Concussor modules, as my main client right now doesn't want anything too eighties sounding... but yeah, it's gonna be fun including them in future mixes! :D

Which group were you in?

Group 5. Are you getting one too?

I'm supposed to be. I've been on the waiting list for almost 5 years, but when the preorder list came around I didn't pick the down payment option, but just for Bert to let me know when I need to cough up the dough. I started hearing about other people getting theirs and talking about update emails that Bert had sent out that I didn't get. I sent him an email asking what the scoop was, and he said that in the mix of things that he couldn't find my form. So now since I was definitely on the mailing/waiting lists but got missed in the orders, he's basically going to try to piece one together from spares once the all the groups are finished and mailed out. I was just curious which group you were in to see how far along in groups people are getting their IIs and IIIs. I'm only getting the Fenix II, though. You'll have to let me know how the sequencer is, from what I've seen its one of the most powerful analog seq's ever made.

Thanks! It's a shame I'll have to wait until next year to properly use the Concussor modules, as my main client right now doesn't want anything too eighties sounding... but yeah, it's gonna be fun including them in future mixes! :D

Have you checked out Tiptop audio? They have some 808 and 909 eurorack modules in the works right now that are going to be hard to beat in terms of x0x modular clones...

Have you checked out Tiptop audio? They have some 808 and 909 eurorack modules in the works right now that are going to be hard to beat in terms of x0x modular clones...

Yes! Although Halloween's come and gone and still there's been no news, ack! I'm hoping they might sell a nice handclap module, as I have the Analogue Solutions modules for kick and snare drums, and the Doepfer one (plus a multimode filter, attenuator and a couple of envelope generators) for cymbals. Then again, it's fun making drum sounds with non-drum-specific modules anyway so I won't complain! :D

Oh! Also, have you heard of the DrumDokta? It looks pretty neat, although without a kick drum as nice as the BD88's, and requiring an add-on for the clap sound, it's a bit redundant for me right now...

Oh! Also, have you heard of the DrumDokta? It looks pretty neat, although without a kick drum as nice as the BD88's, and requiring an add-on for the clap sound, it's a bit redundant for me right now...

Yeah, it looks pretty cool, although it would be redundant for myself as well. For those that have strictly modular setups I can imagine it would be more than handy to have, though. All of these drum modules that are out (or forthcoming) I feel are going to become more and more popular as people start to pick up the new Expert Sleepers ES-4. You can expand that bad boy all the way out to have a total of 40 individual gates/triggers all from a single S/PDIF connection. Its the perfect solution for someone that does most of their modular sequencing via a computer and wants to pick and choose their most used drum sounds from all the old Roland x0x/Cr boxes in Eurorack format. I've always been one to enjoy those sounds from the machines themselves, as the layout and different built in sequencers are what inspire me, but things might change once I get an ES-4.

I'm supposed to be. I've been on the waiting list for almost 5 years, but when the preorder list came around I didn't pick the down payment option

Ouch! I was 13th overall in the queue (three people per group, I was the first in group five) and I only joined in 2009, so you must have been pretty near the front. I'm sure he'll be able to sort yours out though.

I'm still trying to get my head around all the options of the sequencer. It's pretty complicated, and not helped by the slightly confusing manual. It's actually three separate sequencers in one, you can have them all running at the same time, or clock them all differently, or somehow patch it so when it gets to the end of the first one it'll start the second one, thus making a 48 step sequencer.

The synth itself also has its own 8 step sequencer by the way, so you won't be totally sequencer-less.

I'm supposed to be. I've been on the waiting list for almost 5 years, but when the preorder list came around I didn't pick the down payment option

Ouch! I was 13th overall in the queue (three people per group, I was the first in group five) and I only joined in 2009, so you must have been pretty near the front. I'm sure he'll be able to sort yours out though.

I'm still trying to get my head around all the options of the sequencer. It's pretty complicated, and not helped by the slightly confusing manual. It's actually three separate sequencers in one, you can have them all running at the same time, or clock them all differently, or somehow patch it so when it gets to the end of the first one it'll start the second one, thus making a 48 step sequencer.

The synth itself also has its own 8 step sequencer by the way, so you won't be totally sequencer-less.

True, but I'm sure I'm going to envy all those who picked up both once I hear what all can be done with the Fenix III. And Bert still isn't sure if I'm even going to be able to get one or not. It all depends on what is left when all the built Fenix's have been shipped. My heart sunk when I got his reply saying that my order form didn't get to him. I probably should have sent another email out when I didn't hear anything after I sent my order form to him, though. I just didn't think much of not getting an email response for my order since over the last few years of this project Bert's emails were so few an far between. I always just chalked it up to him being bus with the project (and I would much prefer him spending his time working on the Fenix's than sending out emails every week). Ah well, I do hope it all works out and I end up with one, though. :shrug:

How are you liking the Fenix II?

(pic)

How is that Yamaha delay unit? I keep seeing it on ebay

It's a nice dark and dirty analog delay. Fun to use and easy to dial in something usable.

The modulation knobs on the far right can do some chorus and pitch-warping effects.

Worth the $60 I paid.

T3KB1.jpg

i think a track that was made in the pictured studio should be linked beneath each photo.

i think a track that was made in the pictured studio should be linked beneath each photo.

+1

Here's a link to some not very IDM samples.

http://www.juno.co.u...ghlight=TRIDACT

To be honest I'm fairly happy with the ergonomics. All of my core equipment is now within arms reach. But yeah you're right it'd be good to get a nice swivel chair. I'll probably pick one up from the junkyard soon.

Treat yourself to a nice chair. Don't underestimate the importance of being comfortable when you're trying to get your creative juices flowing. And yeah, having everything within arm's reach is a great idea.