IGNORED

autechre as life enhancement

easterlingman

i was thinking about that amazon review of one of ae's albums, how the dude went nuts and synchronized his work movements with the beat... i've found that this applies in all situations, cause everything has infinite detail... so imagine a brain implant that plays random autechre patches into your cognition.

:devil:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

sometimes i jerk off in time to music

that's kind of a metaphor for these forums

Guest Enter a new display name

I agree Autechre's music has some effects on a listener's brain, which is literally electronic music. I have always thought that Autechre was kinda linked to people with mental or social issues. I have Asperger's syndrome, so I'm sometimes lonesome and listening to their music is good for my mind, I dunno... Sounds like their music fits with my personality.

I agree Autechre's music has some effects on a listener's brain, which is literally electronic music. I have always thought that Autechre was kinda linked to people with mental or social issues. I have Asperger's syndrome, so I'm sometimes lonesome and listening to their music is good for my mind, I dunno... Sounds like their music fits with my personality.

Really? Because I thought Autechre only really appealed to those with brown hair. I have brown hair so it only makes sense.

i have many colors of hair on my head, but from a distance it would appear brown

autistic people are closer to computers than "normal" people

Really? Because I thought Autechre only really appealed to those with brown hair. I have brown hair so it only makes sense.

I didn't mean all those who listen to Autechre necessarily have something similar with me, but their music requires some personality caracteristics. An average person would never enjoy Autechre, but why? I don't think that's only about "having weird musical tastes". There's something more logical behind this. Anyways, I understand myself.

No no, I know exactly what you mean. I mean, I'm not a "typical" person I guess. But I don't think that means 'average' people can't enjoy Autechre.

I mean, my neighbour is pretty average and he loves Autechre.

I mean, my neighbour is pretty average and he loves Autechre.

Does he even like their later material??? I was talking about Gantz Graf, Confield, Draft 7.30 and Untilted. Their debut albums are more open-minded.

He prefers the later material. Thinks Gantz Graf is the finest constructed tune they ever did and has the best sound design of any tune ever. Also he loves The Trees and VPROC.

as a kid, i constantly took things apart. i love coding, computers, electronics.

autechre appeals to me.

essentially, it's nerdy music. not everyone finds joy in programming, building things, figuring shit out.

it's more specific than that, too - you have to be nerdy in a music context.

let's try not to feel superior about this - if we do, that gives the nutters that memorize batting averages the right to be superior about that in exchange. neither state is good or bad, they just are.

Guest mushroom

I don't think my interest in computers has much bearing on my interest in Autechre. It's just music with genuine passion, no ego whatsoever despite what most would tell you ("it's just cold mathematical sounds! No one could enjoy this!"). This is strengthened by my complete and utter apathy towards max/msp and other such environments.

Yeah, pretty much hit the nail on the head. I don't even like computers really, it's just really fucking good music.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Noel Edmonds
the dude went nuts and synchronized his work movements with the beat.

got a link?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest earlgrey

I can kinda relate to the Amazon review (but wouldn't dare post such a review on the internets). For me, it especially applies to '95-'99 era Autechre when the music sounds like a loop at first listen but reveals intricate permutations of rhythm upon further exposure. I imagine AE would be excellent music for doing mechanical labour to.

Archived