IGNORED

Warpmart > Rushup Edge

Pitbulle

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no one over 30 likes The Tuss....lol....jk - just being silly. it's not that i don't like it even - i do like it! just have a problem with it being by afx. and if it is i'm sad about that.

i'm certainly an old man by this forum's standards.... and this album is incredible.

is SO easy to get new music these days, people have lost their listener's patience.

synthacon9 is a piece of magic, no doubt. been listening to it non-stop... the groove starts off so nicely.... the acid sounds a bit harsh though... totally listenable and amazing, but from 4:00 to 5:00, it all gets smoothed out, and just absolutely crushes it... so amazing and fluid and beautiful...

last rushup is another top shelf piece of genius.... it starts off, again, with some acid harshness, feels like the track might be lacking direction... and again, it all pays off (that listener's patience). the ideas he built up in the first part of the song are completely hammered home in the second part, after 2:30. then, from 4:02 on to the end, wtf? it just goes to a new level... everything WORKS.... the sequencing, the sound design, the layering, the production...

track 2 - the ziggomatic-like bubbly from 57'' and on, especially 1:15 when it comes forward, than 1:29on'ish, just melt my insides.

track 1 i've been listening to nonstop since the snowbombing set; 2years running and still has not become stale.

well, i have to say i'm disappointed..... if this really is aphex, like really really really is him and not a collab and this is his new album, then, for me, he's lost his magic touch. i don't mind the tracks or anything, just think they're not up to par with anything else he's released. i'm quite upset and depressed about it. so much so i'm going to have to get very drunk later.

to me it sounds like all the music he ever did were excersises to be able to create this album. yes, it is that good to my ears.

is SO easy to get new music these days, people have lost their listener's patience.

...also there is this venetian snares syndrome

yeah, sort of like musical turrets, where there is just too much coming out, a lot of which is just completely vulgar, and really deflects from the overall output making any sense at all...

poor BCM! I can just see the forehead veins ready to burst as his "tuss is not rdj" world continues crashing down around him.

lol

i never understood how you can say this isnt richard when you've convinced yourself that half of watmm is secretly richard at some point or other based on a few vst squelches posted in the EKT forum. where are your ears man?

i am an oldie here and i believe that there will not be a better record than confederation trough and rushup edge released this year

unless theres more aphex to come out

agreed. I'm still having a hard time with weirs though ludd... i dunno...

i dunno - i suppose how you feel about a record is heavily shaped by the context in which it entered your life , your age , it's relation to music of it's time and place. i fell in love with weirs 12 or 13 years ago or something, so my relationship with that record is not necessarily compatible with how i would feel about it if i heard it for the first time now and i was 12 or 13 years younger

but the opening seconds of tinned teardrop alone is enough to activate good chemical compounds in my hippocampus which ooze around my system for the duration of that album

Guest Kibreg
i am an oldie here and i believe that there will not be a better record than confederation trough and rushup edge released this year

Guest tidbit

...also there is this venetian snares syndrome

yeah, sort of like musical turrets, where there is just too much coming out, a lot of which is just completely vulgar, and really deflects from the overall output making any sense at all...

square%20check.jpg

Guest Romhotep
yes i have got a bit of a bee in my bonnet about this i suppose - i just don't think it's RDJ, i'm sorry, IMO it's simply not put together well enough. and i'm not actually that big a WARP records fan.... oh well - i don't care, i've just bought a new hardware sequencer! i can play on it and get stoned when i get home from work! w00t! perfect evening....

OMG you got a hardware sequencer!?!?! Man, that makes me want to suck yr dick and believe that it's not RDJ!!!1 YOU MUST BE A GENIUS!!!!

Guest Dirty Protest

What they said, but maybe Volume 1, depending on my mood.

Edit to say thats Ceephax and not Syntheme :smiling:

Guest Kibreg

What they said, but maybe Volume 1, depending on my mood.

Edit to say thats Ceephax and not Syntheme :smiling:

I'm a huge ceephax fan and vol 1 doesnt really do it for me =/ hopefully I'll dig on vol 2 more. I think exidy tours just spoiled me :P

Guest Dirty Protest

Volume 1 (imo :smiling: ) is the most realized(what is the English for that word) record hes put out to date. Before he always seem to go for the instant gratification and it felt that he was worried about boring the listener and ideas would last seconds, the songs in this are allowed to grow and are much better for it. Hes a fucking joy in a world of mediocrity :embrassed:

Guest Kibreg
Volume 1 (imo :smiling: ) is the most realized(what is the English for that word) record hes put out to date. Before he always seem to go for the instant gratification and it felt that he was worried about boring the listener and ideas would last seconds, the songs in this are allowed to grow and are much better for it. Hes a fucking joy in a world of mediocrity :embrassed:

I know what you mean; I felt that way about exidy tours.

obviously I need to spend some time listening to vol 1 proper.

p.s. I just ordered a load of ceephax from normanrecords:

vol 2 cd

ceerial port 12"

hardcore wick 12"

hardcore esplanade 12"

wish I could find acid quakers and that untitled firstcask lp (fsk005).

vol 2 cd

ceerial port 12"

hardcore wick 12"

hardcore esplanade 12"

wish I could find acid quakers and that untitled firstcask lp (fsk005).

yeah, been skimming the web for acid quakers too, doesn't seem to be around much. good thing we have slsk:) can't say we havent tried to buy it.

fsk005 can be downloaded from boomkat.

where's megalift in that list? (well obviously it's not, but why not?)

can't wait for vol2, must be a cracker. back to good old acid, yeah! wikkeeeed!!

Guest Kibreg
where's megalift in that list? (well obviously it's not, but why not?)

already own that one (along with exidy tours, vol 1 and ceephax 2cd)

Guest mushroom

okay, it seems that Death Fuck is the only track that's unplayable in its entirety

I tried stacking quarters and nickels on top of the needle cartridge thingy, no dice

Guest Caustic
okay, it seems that Death Fuck is the only track that's unplayable in its entirety

Goodbye Rute annoys me a bit.

Guest mushroom

I wasn't saying that in reference to its quality, it's a really good track

my record player's just a piece of shit

i like all of the tracks, there is not one on there which slightly annoys me or i just can not listen to all the way through, though i can see myself in the near future getting bored of this release, and want more aphex.. alspacka on the confederation trough e.p is better than most of the tunes on rushup edge i think, what a great tune

Archived