IGNORED

Venetian Snares - My Downfall

Guest Kibreg

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was in my favourite music store today, and i found my downfall in the gothic section (next to coil and current 93). ehm, ok, w/e. anyways, great album, it reminds me, ofcourse, of his hungarian album (was it hungarian?). good breakcore track indeed. :ok:

price tag: 14.99 (euros)

Guest firefunker4

nice to know i can reply here without mr. emo-funk himself erasing my posts...

basically, this is my take on it. it isn't bad... but it isn't good either. the majority seem to be beatless 'classical' pieces... but they don't hold a candle to any classical composer, even the lesser pieces of lesser composers. it all just reeks of a way for snares' headz to think their idol is "deep". if the fan-boi's were truly concerned with listening to great 'classical' music... there already is so much great stuff to choose from, they would never give this mediocre tripe a second listen if they committed themselves to a blindfolded pepsi-challenge.

but that isn't what this album is about... it is about the funkster screaming "look at me, i wish i could actually compose real music.... but if you don't like it... fuck you, i will erase your post and call myself a whore".

ummm, ok.... whatever.

On first listen this was better than I'd anticipated. Not great though, I think I'd have to agree with Solo Strike on the whole. Knowing that only four of the tracks had the usual beats did add a certain tension when I listened to it though, like waiting for shit to kick off amongst the quieter parts.

I also hope his work-rate picks up again now after the last couple of years. Fair enough, he has released three records this year, but it seems like when I wasn't actually that bothered about him before he was releasing records every week.

This isn't bad actually. I like it. i was expecting something horrible after these comments but whatever. As far as Aaron's whole "prostitution" comment - IF IT'S SO TERRIBLE AARON GET A FUCKING JOB AT BURGER KING!

Oct 10 2007 1:22 PM

cant wait to get my copy of the new album

p.p.s. youre music has inspired me to take crack

from snares myspace

these are the comments you really enjoy as an artist :ok:

Guest Enter a new display name
This isn't bad actually. I like it. i was expecting something horrible after these comments but whatever. As far as Aaron's whole "prostitution" comment - IF IT'S SO TERRIBLE AARON GET A FUCKING JOB AT BURGER KING!

Yeah, saying that he releases music for eating is a bad excuse. We all know he likes releasing music, this is not only for "people he loves", lol.

This release is far from awful but I just don't get the rush from snares on this one (no pun intended). I htought there would be more clever "why didn't i think of that" edits etc in the tracks etc but whatever. I know there are some but they are a little subtle for my idiotic brain. But of course the tracks with drums are well listenable and 2 of the others are nice nice nice (don't remember the names yet).

On the other hand Devils Totem just kicked my ass, sounds like doll doll doll + meathole + hccbu - bloody awesome. Hope it is an indicator of things to come and not jsut an oldie form the vaults. Can't wait for it to arrive in the mail, worth the $15 right there.

Guest Vegeta897

Ordered this from Amazon... Waiting waiting waiting... The styles in this album are my favorite styles of Mr. Funk. I can't wait.

Though my good headphones just died so I'm kind of pissed I won't be able to listen to it with good clarity until I get new ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived