IGNORED

Dating tracks inside an Ae album

Guest milivella

Guest milivella

Can anyone put the date (one relatively to the others) on the tracks of an Autechre album? E.g. "This track on Amber is the latest in order of composition because it is the most similar to Trirepetae".

Only one note: I know that they could begin a track, then do another one, then complete the first one. Or review the entire album before releasing it. But maybe this doesn't happen every time, or we can anyway find the date of a particular idea inside a track.

milivella

Guest milivella

To weetabix:

> YOU WHAT MATE

Wasn't my question clear, or do you think it is not interesting?

milivella

for a first post, it was certainly audacious.

i'll give him that.

but seriously, wrong internet bud.

who knows when ae makes trax. They were sittin on ISS SA for at least four years before they released it, so who knows.

who knows when ae makes trax. They were sittin on ISS SA for at least four years before they released it, so who knows.

Fuck off!

Are you fucking serious?!

No fucking way!

How the fuck do you know this?!

Fuck off!

No fucking way!

hey pete,

cause they played it at the coachella gig in 1999

Guest earlgrey

Fuck off!

No fucking way!

hey pete,

cause they played it at the coachella gig in 1999

The song, yes, but not the EP.

I think TEWE was the last track composed on Chiastic Slide. It sounds much more Cichlisuite than Envane/Keynell.

Guest milivella

earlgrey:

> I think TEWE was the last track composed on Chiastic Slide. It sounds much more Cichlisuite than Envane/Keynell.

So, maybe we could put here the transition between the phase "rhythm with chords in background" to the phase "rhythm=melody". I know that there were many transitions in the history of Ae and that this wasn't more important than the other ones, but it was however important.

milivella

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kenneth172

The idea of 'dating' each Ae track is mega tedious. Why would you want to do that? Best to just listen to the muzak and let it unfold...

• 1 month later...

Archived