IGNORED

old skool µ-ziq

Salvatorin

does µ-ziq ever do anything slightly emotionally affecting or is all just kind of bland?

I mean like does he make music that takes you somewhere else, like AFX or BoC or..?

he's one of the few artists where i don't have a favorite album! i like different tracks throughout his career, but i was never into his albums as wholes!

if someone ever says list your favorite albums the first album that always comes to mind is tango and vectif... . even if it isn't my favorite. well , maybe it is. it's hard to say because i listen to so much music but it really affects me. very emotional music, it's lovely. very moody.

organic tomato soup. reminds me of old afx with old ae mixed in but it rox my sox from my feetz.

and it is AMBIENT ACID TECHNO YO.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm listening to Bluff Limbo for the first time right now, actually at Metal Thing #3, for the few I've listened this album i'm already totally into it, it's wicked. I also own Lunatic Harness and Royal Astronomy, such tracks as Hasty Boom Alert on LH or World of Leather on RA are simply amazing. There are so many beautiful Mr. µ's tracks...

Oldskool µ is far less destructured (for the beats) and more accessible in my taste, but I don't prefer "recent" Mike to "old", I like both, and it isn't the case for many artists...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ezkerraldean
does µ-ziq ever do anything slightly emotionally affecting or is all just kind of bland?

yes he does!

some of the lunatic harness album is. and a lot of his older stuff e.g. pharagmal synthesis on tango n vectif.

his older stuff is completely different to his more recent jungle-style stuff.

• 2 months later...

yes he does!

some of the lunatic harness album is. and a lot of his older stuff e.g. pharagmal synthesis on tango n vectif.

his older stuff is completely different to his more recent jungle-style stuff.

I've been listening to allot more µ-ziq lately, and truthfully, his tracks are quite emotional. I really liked "My Little Beautiful" and "Catkin and Teasel" is just amazing.

• 3 months later...
Guest Chogg
Secret Stair #1 is quite moving.

I agree. Lunatic Harness/Brace Yourself contain, for me, some of his most emotional melodies. When I first got Lunatic Harness I knew very little about electronic music other than that I liked it. I wasn't too fond of crazy breakbeat stuff so the album really jarred me quite a bit, but I kept listening because the melodies were so beautiful.

Hasty Boom Alert is another great one - I tend to lump this and Secret Stair together because they are both in F#minor.

Summer Living is also fantastic. It is the sound of summer days! And yes, that was an incredibly cheesy thing to say. lol

• 1 month later...
Guest Pete is your friend

Here's my playlist

Summer Living - Brace Yourself

Intellitag - Brace Yourself

Brace Yourself Jason - Lunatic Harness

Lenny Valentino 3 - Mu-Ziq vs. The Auteurs (taking it back to 95', fav two songs - crunchy!)

Lenny Valentino 1 - Mu-Ziq vs. The Auteurs

Scaling - Royal Astronomy

Autumn Acid - RA^

Goodbye Goodbye - RA^

Qisope - Full Sunken Breaks

Hard Love - FSB^

Jar Jar Binx - FSB^

Hill Street Blues - FSB^

Guest Pete is your friend

Forgot Urmur Bile - Urmur Bile Trax Volume 1 & 2

goes right after Lenny Valentino 1 on my list, underrated song.

Archived