• Last Reply
Guest aquinas
I hope my gfx card can handle it. It only just deals with Oblivion :fear:

unfortunately, you need a directx10 compatible card, and also vista

nope, minimum gfx requirements are nvidia 6600/ati x1300

recommended for DX9 - 7900GT, for DX 10 - 8600

does anyone want to see that pc gamer review btw ?

Guest analogue wings

You are talk teh shit

zip is corrupt.

hmm, well its not corrupt it's just not really a zip but a cbr file renamed to zip, total commanded and winrar can open it like an archive.

anyway try this: bsr

ok,will probably work at home.

Thank God, I've got my copy preordered...

Dear GOD NO! I'll receive it a few days before school starts!

Haven't even played through The Darkness yet. I played it a for a couple of hours when I first got it, but I've got tons of other games I need to complete first.

Guest catsonearth

nah man, the darkness is pretty great. its got atmosphere for days and its scary as shit at times. i may be biased because i also loved the chronicles of riddick game for the xbox made by the same company, but i find their environments and lighting effects to be really immersive. the voice acting is pretty good too. i wish that the city felt more open, like if it was a large open city that you could get around on the surface level that also had a subway system for quick transit, but really, that's just a minor complaint because i know that it isn't the kind of game that really warrants that kind of stuff. the only other thing i don't dig about it is something they also did in riddick...the whole cutting to a predetermined animation when going down ladders and stuff...kinda takes me out of the game. i don't really see why they do that, takes you out of the first person mode. otherwise, i'm digging it so far.

as for bioshock...i can't wait to get my hands on this game. i just wish that i could finish the darkness, condemned and rack up a few more levels in oblivion before i started on bioshock and then eventually mass effect, then halo 3, then assassin's creed and so on. too many good games, not nearly enough time to really enjoy them all. i never thought i'd see the day.

Guest Mirezzi

Well, I appreciate the opinions of Ghostbusters and Cats, so if I ever get the time, I'll check it out.

Mainly, I just thought it was really fucking depressing to play; that form of amoral, nihilist gameplay doesn't do it for me. Very rarely do antiheros actually end up fun to play. There was something just a little 1980's Motley Crue about the presentation, too. All the RAOROAOROOOORRRRR voices of DEAAATH and shit like that, I dunno...

The music and athmosphere in the subway in The Darkness is amazing. It's like Max Payne mixed with Oblivion - God, how I loved the soundtrack for Max Payne... Mmmm!

Archived