PC Zone: 96%

Gamer.tv: 5/5

Playboy: 4/4 bunnies

WATMM: 4.65776 Beards divided by Pi mod 13

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest blicero
Is HDMI really that great? I have component and it looks amazing.

do some research so that you understand what HDMI is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hdmi

it's about connectivity.

HDMI == HD video and digital audio all in one little plug.

component = 3 plugs for video... no audio.

Guest El_Chemso
Dudez, I played it today, fucking amazing you can tell some of the same people who made Deus Ex worked on it.

Selling my 360 and getting an elite with this next week. Sweet I know.

I want to get the 360 Elite...but I dont have an HDTV!

Buy one, short of that, use your TV screen with the VGA xbox cable. Thats what I do. HD is just a new word for High Resolution something PC monitors have been doing for ages. My PC screen is like 3 years old an it does HD.

Game Informer: 10/10

Games Radar: 10/10

PC Gamer UK: 95%

OXM UK: 10/10

PC Zone: 96%

Gamer.tv: 5/5

Playboy: 4/4 bunnies

WATMM: 4.65776 Beards divided by Pi mod 13

Eurogamer: 10/10 ( http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=81479 )

Game Informer Online: 10/10 ( http://www.gameinformer.com/Games/Review/2....1203.13551.htm )

Guest El_Chemso

Dudes I just bought the Elite, Play Charge kit and Bio Shock Special Tin Edition, all coming next week. Now just get rid of my Premium boxs!

it's about connectivity.

So since I have the component to the HDTV and the 2 audio cables running to my stereo, I probably shouldn't care too much about HDMI?

it's about connectivity.

So since I have the component to the HDTV and the 2 audio cables running to my stereo, I probably shouldn't care too much about HDMI?

You won't see much difference between component and HDMI - as said before, it's only convenience is digital audio and video in one lead. If anything, you need to dump the red and white RCA audio leads and get a digital audio TOSlink cable - your sound will dramatically improve with that.

component on your 360 can handle up to 1080p, except for AACS-DRM (hd-dvd & blu-ray) (a true 1080p standard is being developed)

So no worries

I have the opposite problem... trying to find a A/V Receiver that's affordable (and does full HDMI audio) that has at least two HDMI inputs as my plasma has only one HDMI input and I hate switching between the cable box and PS3 everytime I want to play or watch a DVD. Having only one lead is nice though, as I don't have to fuck with the audio portion of things.

DON'T say buy a switching box, as those only do video, and then I'd have to use a TOSlink, and what's the fucking point then, eh?

My TV only supports up to 1080i so I'm alright. (I say "only" but 1080i is incredible going straight to that from standard def TV)

However, it only has one component input so if I get a PS3 I'm gonna have to use HDMI for that.

Also, IGN gave Bioshock a 9.7.

Have been playing it here in Chiner for four days now. It's good but...dunno, maybe I'm getting old. I was totally addicted to System Shock 2 when it came out...this one is good, but after two hours of playing it, I have no problem putting it down and doing something else. Will see if it gets better when I come to some of the "shocking twists and turns" and "5 unforgettable gaming moments!" that it's supposed to have.

a few remarks on the demo :

the goods

-fantastic sound/music/voice acting, definitely the best i encountered in pc game.

-great art design, level design, very stylish overall..(slightly resembles fallout).

-good graphics, especially everything related to water and light.

the bad

-too scripted, possibly it's like that only in the demo..to show off the awesome moments..for which you are not responsible at all.

-jaggy edges, some very low res textures..(a sign of console porting ?) ( i was playing at 1024*768, high gfx settings)

-cheap shocks, blinking lights, freaky jumping freaks from the dark (who are usually redeemed by great voice acting)..some doom 3 shitness init.

-too linear, i haven't noticed much of the stuff the developers were hailing, ala, "no combat is alike", "many different ways to confront a problem"..it all seemed very minor, so you could torch your foe or you could electrocute him, but they're still jumping from the same dark corner when you reach a certain trigger point. (mind you, the demo is about 15-20 minutes)

thats all i can think of now, it seems very obvious what the developers' focus was on now, shame about the neglected elements though.

not much on game's story line in the demo, but i'm pretty sure it'll be good (judging by the few lines in the demo..and the narrative style), there really is a noir/horror feel to it..

the performance was pretty good, there was only one instance where it felt like the framerate dropped below 30 (i've got core2duo 6400, 7900gt, 1gb of ram)

of all the reviews i've read i think only gamespot covers the game's weaknesses (others have no problem with getting carried away with the praises).

Archived