IGNORED

Bread Appreciation

Siegecow

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i haven't read any of this thread but there lies dormant some racist bullshit

also, PUMPERNICKEL

i used to call a black friend of mine pumpernickel!

Guest Mr Salads
i remember thinking sourdough was cool when i was in 8th grade

Sourdough is cool if you get a double sour dough ranch bacon cheeseburger at Carl's Jr

Unfortunately they discontinued that line of burger but if you pull their hair enough the cooks in the back can fix it up for you

• 1 year later...

you guys

bread is blowing my mind lately. specifically a fresh loaf of ciabatta

i mean jesus its makes incredible sandwhiches, awesome with olive oil, awesome with cheese, incredible toast, has a nice hardy crust thats more satisfying to chew than ripping the raw flesh off a fresh kill.

Its not as dense as your typical sliced bread, but more than makes up for it with a full bodied flavour.

I'm makin it my #1 pick for bread of the week, 9.5/10

Guest Adjective

it was on all our minds, and Ego told it like it was. fuckin bread ya'll

edit: just take the bread right out of my mouth there ego

Guest countchocula
fred try drying sheets of ham

like jerky

then use the jerked ham saucers as bread

When I was young I used thick slices of ham as the bread in my sandwiches. I would just put all the sandwich fillings inside the ham and fry it.

you ever had toasted ciabatta

i dont see how anyone could not like ciabatta toast

even though the butter falls through the holes

Guest Iain C

Actually I've had a toasted garlic bread ciabatta thing which was nice, but I generally eat my bread raw and buttered and ciabatta doesn't cut it, it's too dry.

Guest Karnov
i should learn how to bake bread

do you need a special oven to bake bread?

should learn how to build a bread oven

It's easy to do - you don't need a special oven.

About a pound and a half of plain or strong-bread flour will make a decent sized loaf; a small amount of yeast, a teaspoon of salt dissolved into around a pint of water (these quantities are really vague as different flours have different absorbtion rates, so you have to play it by ear). If you;re using dried yeast, sir into the flour before you add your water/salt mixture. Add the water gradually, while stirring until you get a good, not-too-sticky dough. Knead for around 10 mins and alow to rise until your dough has doubled in size. Knead again and leave to rest for a couple of hours, formed into a loaf shape.

Heat your oven to around 220C and put your loaf into the middle of the oven. After 10 mins, turn the heat down to 200C and bake for a further 40mins.

After this, take it out - if you tap the bottom of the loaf it should sound hollow. leave for 15mins, then you got yourself some bread.

Karnov's bread-tip: If you put a large oven-proof dish with about a 1/4 - 1/2 inch of boiling water into the bottom of the oven when you put your loaf in, this will mimic the effect of a wood-fired bread oven.

Guest Rambo
bread is the greatest human invention.

sliced bread took it to another level. It was like... beyond bread. That's why people say best thing since sliced bread. Before then, people just held the entire loaf up and took a bite. In the pre-sliced era, eating bread would be classed as a workout by todays standards. That's why when you look at old paintings everyone has amazing forearms.

Archived