IGNORED

Joyrex + Aphex = Falling out?

Guest Zing Zing Zingbah

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jrx =s teksas ... a litl tue mutc for xa of xa kornwal ball .. ie ges xat les xan sukses iz ol xat did koe'el'es .. soz ...

+ drukqs =s madjik for patrick .. - xe peeano rubiq ...

Here's the fucking Reader's Digest™ version (again):

Me: Hey Richard (via email) Drukqs is "quite good" (emphasis on quotes is mine here only; the original was not quoted) and spending a lot of time in my CD player...

Richard: Who the fuck are you to say it's "quite good"? How would you like it if I called your first born a worthless piece of human garbage? Piss off and don't ever contact me again. And give back that copy of CAT023*

Me: WTF??? Get over yourself.

I chalk this up to possibly him being under the influence of some substance, as he got in contact with me again back in 2005, but haven't heard from him since. What I said and meant wasn't an insult, just didn't want to seem overly fanboyish by saying "OMFG, Drukqs makes me pee a little and my spinchter clench madly", and he over-reacted (I think). Oh well.

*Not really, added that bit in to "add flavour to the legend" :laughing:

Guest Kenneth172
Here's the fucking Reader's Digest™ version (again):

Me: Hey Richard (via email) Drukqs is "quite good" (emphasis on quotes is mine here only; the original was not quoted) and spending a lot of time in my CD player...

Richard: Who the fuck are you to say it's "quite good"? How would you like it if I called your first born a worthless piece of human garbage? Piss off and don't ever contact me again. And give back that copy of CAT023*

Me: WTF??? Get over yourself.

I chalk this up to possibly him being under the influence of some substance, as he got in contact with me again back in 2005, but haven't heard from him since. What I said and meant wasn't an insult, just didn't want to seem overly fanboyish by saying "OMFG, Drukqs makes me pee a little and my spinchter clench madly", and he over-reacted (I think). Oh well.

*Not really, added that bit in to "add flavour to the legend" :laughing:

Interesting. Felt sorry for ya Joyrex. Brought a little tear to my eye that.

Sounds like an egotistic dickhead. Was he any different in 2005?

He made no mention of the previous incident, and was even nice enough to authorize me to release a few unreleased tracks I have... unfortunately, the board crashed right after that, and I don't think I have the PMs anymore stating which track I could and could not release. He had an account on here too, and for awhile I suspected someone having a bit of fun with me, but he mentioned some things that validated his identity...

Guest AOOproductions

So it seems RDJ and joyrex are back on good terms again. WATMM doesn't have to hold a mass suicide after all :ok:

Guest Caustic
Sounds like an egotistic dickhead. Was he any different in 2005?

He made no mention of the previous incident, and was even nice enough to authorize me to release a few unreleased tracks I have... unfortunately, the board crashed right after that, and I don't think I have the PMs anymore stating which track I could and could not release. He had an account on here too, and for awhile I suspected someone having a bit of fun with me, but he mentioned some things that validated his identity...

*logs out*

Guest Caustic
Caustic were always knew you were Aphex.... And a cunt. (joke)

Just for that,CAT023 isn't being released for another 50 years. Prick.

Guest Zing Zing Zingbah

i was going to post "frankly im shocked at his reaction." but i supposed that doesnt really need to be said. Thanks for the explanation joyrex.

Guest Moebius
unfortunately, the board crashed right after that, and I don't think I have the PMs anymore stating which track I could and could not release. He had an account on here too, and for awhile I suspected someone having a bit of fun with me, but he mentioned some things that validated his identity...

doh, I always assumed you had some dumps of the old boards.

Guest Pennywise

could you imagine if he were actually on here, everyone messaging him and blabbering on and on, question after question.

Guest Zing Zing Zingbah
i hope to god i never meet richard james. how can someone writing such average music consider themselves the be and end all of electronic music.

wow... blasphemer...

well, i dont completely disagree with felch. think about it for a second. take a guy with an insane collection of gear, a shitload of money and a shitload of time on his hands. he shotguns out a ton of tracks, both good and bad, takes the best of that lot and puts them out. combine that with a brilliant talent for social engineering and you have aphex twin.

on a level playing field, i'm not sure that he would be the "electronic music god" that he is now. I still think he's an amazing geezer but you have to take some things into account.

i know a few folks who, given the same scenario (time and gear), could easily turn out some serious shit on par with the best.

i dunno, maybe im just full of shit though.

Archived