IGNORED

Joyrex + Aphex = Falling out?

Guest Zing Zing Zingbah

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest aphelion
you people who like him must be a bit gutted to learn from a first hand experience just how far his head is rammed up his own ginger anus.

you might be gutted to learn that people on this forum don't give a shit what you think (first hand or otherwise). :beer:

you people who like him must be a bit gutted to learn from a first hand experience just how far his head is rammed up his own ginger anus.

I don't care

I don't feel surprised as I've never assumed him to be anything other than a complete cock anyway. As long as I never meet him I'll be happy. If I did and he actually turned out to be a fuckhead I think it'd seriously turn me off his stuff. The music's enough for me.

Guest AOOproductions
Aphex has an uncanny inborn ability to make the simplest most basic melody amazing. ex: Fingerbib.

Agree completely.

i hope to god i never meet richard james. how can someone writing such average music consider themselves the be and end all of electronic music.

wow... blasphemer...

well, i dont completely disagree with felch. think about it for a second. take a guy with an insane collection of gear, a shitload of money and a shitload of time on his hands. he shotguns out a ton of tracks, both good and bad, takes the best of that lot and puts them out. combine that with a brilliant talent for social engineering and you have aphex twin.

on a level playing field, i'm not sure that he would be the "electronic music god" that he is now. I still think he's an amazing geezer but you have to take some things into account.

i know a few folks who, given the same scenario (time and gear), could easily turn out some serious shit on par with the best.

i dunno, maybe im just full of shit though.

You could be right, But i don't think you can break it down quite so easily. He has talent there's no denying it.

My favorite Richard quote that sums him up perfect:

"The fact is, no one becomes this successful, this far-reachingly influential, by behaving like a loon. You can't just make good art these day.You've got to be a good businessman. I'm good at psychology - I can see how to play certain situations. I'm a good chess player. You've got to recognize all the possibilities." - Richard

i hope to god i never meet richard james. how can someone writing such average music consider themselves the be and end all of electronic music.

wow... blasphemer...

well, i dont completely disagree with felch. think about it for a second. take a guy with an insane collection of gear, a shitload of money and a shitload of time on his hands. he shotguns out a ton of tracks, both good and bad, takes the best of that lot and puts them out. combine that with a brilliant talent for social engineering and you have aphex twin.

on a level playing field, i'm not sure that he would be the "electronic music god" that he is now. I still think he's an amazing geezer but you have to take some things into account.

i know a few folks who, given the same scenario (time and gear), could easily turn out some serious shit on par with the best.

no, you aren't full of shit. And felch, I hear what you're saying but it seems like you're not givin the ginger man the credit he deserves. You're right about the playing field today Zing... It's a shame for unknowns...

Guest Kibreg

wow... blasphemer...

you guys MUST be kidding.

Guest Zing Zing Zingbah

wow... blasphemer...

you guys MUST be kidding.

which part do you disagree with?

Pics or it didn't happen. :tongue:

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

give me:

1) $10k for gear

2) a laundry list of drugs

3) one month of genuinely uninterrupted time

and i could probably hand his ass to him for computer trax. live gear/analogue jamming, i think i'd need a few more years of practice.

not that it should be a competition. unless someone makes it worth my while, e.g. providing the above 3 things, i'm not going to bother. i've been in more of a cookie-baking than music-making mood recently

give me:

1) $10k for gear

2) a laundry list of drugs

3) one month of genuinely uninterrupted time

and i could probably hand his ass to him for computer trax. live gear/analogue jamming, i think i'd need a few more years of practice.

not that it should be a competition. unless someone makes it worth my while, e.g. providing the above 3 things, i'm not going to bother. i've been in more of a cookie-baking than music-making mood recently

...um yeah, sure you could...

so basically the moral of this story is either that Richard d james is an egomaniac asshole or he was still doing smack and didnt have his proper fix for the night.

he was really nice as i met him in berlin so i disagree to the first part :undecided:

Guest Zing Zing Zingbah

can we not get all watmm for just once?

i dont think anyone is seriously claiming to be better than aphex twin (dr hat excluded). and personally i dont have a musical bone in my body. my point was that given the same situation, there are OTHER people out there who could create equally interesting music. aphex twin does not have a monopoly on creativity or technical prowess.

alright, alright, you may now re-engage the watmm.

Archived