IGNORED

fitting breaks to a certain bpm

Guest tht tne

Guest tht! tne

i read a little about this and it says to pitch them up or down accordingly

but if i don't know the bpm of the original break how should i do this?

is it just trial-and-error or is there a reliable process for it?

Use the sync feature in Renoise - I really do advise doing that... I fit pretty much everything using that. If you don't know the BPM of the original break just guess it so it's not streched too much or whatever.

i read a little about this and it says to pitch them up or down accordingly

but if i don't know the bpm of the original break how should i do this?

is it just trial-and-error or is there a reliable process for it?

I'd highly recommend you using Ableton. Ableton is excellent for making sure breaks stay perfectly in time. Its all about live mixing etc. I'd seriously advise getting Ableton. Once you get Ableton I can explain how you beat mark breaks so they stay perfectly in time no matter what the tempo is and you'll find its surprisingly easy and can take literally 10 secs.

Guest Adjective

in Renoise, change pattern length to 16 or 32 or something short

trigger the sample on the first step, press play, adjust the tempo until it restarts nearly in time

then adjust the sample's pitch in the instrument settings tab, either by changing the base note or the "fine tuning" drag bar.

edit: unless you're adding it to a song already started, then it would be all pitch adjusting.

sometimes i'll do a regular kick in another note lane, 4 or 8 steps apart playing ontop of the break to see if it's in sync.

i don't use uncut breaks often but that's what i did the last time i played with one and it seemed to work okay.

if you've got a swinging break that doesn't loop well, then just use that. throw in some offsets and such before it restarts and just never let it fully resolve. should keep it exciting

to find out tempo:

1. open loop in audio editor (wavosaur for example)

2. open file/properties to find out loop lenght in samples, lets say its 120273

3. use formula 10584000/120273=87.9998 bpm, so its 88bpm.

*10584000=44100(samples per second) x 60(seconds in minute) x 4(beats in loop)

or you can just use this online calculator to do the same thing. when the bpm is known, use "Changing the tempo of a loop with pitch-shifting" calculator on that page to find out how much you need to pitch your loop to get your desired bpm.

Load break > set it to play on the first line > turn on metronome > set to repeat pattern > start the sequence > change note and fine tune > tuned break!

That's all I can add other than really fucking rude comments. :whistling:

Use the sync feature in Renoise - I really do advise doing that... I fit pretty much everything using that. If you don't know the BPM of the original break just guess it so it's not streched too much or whatever.

I don't do this cuz I often like to pitch up/down the loop at times and that keeps it at the original pitch. I reccomend changing the base note 'till you get it right.

you could spend half an hour timestretching it manually :confused:

otherwise i would recommend teh Ableton

Used to do that on Cubase 2.4. Glad i left that behind. Used to end up destroying the break in the end he he.

you could spend half an hour timestretching it manually :confused:

otherwise i would recommend teh Ableton

Used to do that on Cubase 2.4. Glad i left that behind. Used to end up destroying the break in the end he he.

oh the shame!

in Renoise, change pattern length to 16 or 32 or something short

trigger the sample on the first step, press play, adjust the tempo until it restarts nearly in time

then adjust the sample's pitch in the instrument settings tab, either by changing the base note or the "fine tuning" drag bar.

edit: unless you're adding it to a song already started, then it would be all pitch adjusting.

sometimes i'll do a regular kick in another note lane, 4 or 8 steps apart playing ontop of the break to see if it's in sync.

i don't use uncut breaks often but that's what i did the last time i played with one and it seemed to work okay.

if you've got a swinging break that doesn't loop well, then just use that. throw in some offsets and such before it restarts and just never let it fully resolve. should keep it exciting

What he said, that's basicly what I meant in my head.

Archived