IGNORED

Freakin Early Nineties appreciation

Guest Rook

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I mean pure testosterone dudes.

Yes, that is such a good way of describing the sound of the classics album, though I don't like using one word to describe any album of work, but if if I had to think of one for that album, I'd nick that word

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Caustic
rook i coulda sworn you were a 05er until i looked atur porfile info below ur avatar

wut?

he thought you'd been on watmm for a few years. (i think)

• 1 month later...
Man lately all my RDJ listening time is spent with the pre-1994 stuff. When I first got into RDJ I liked the earliest stuff least but now I am spinning it buckwild yo. I love the simple but heavily tweakified drum programming on the classics stuff. I have had We Have Arrived on over and over again the past week. There isn't a song off classics I dont like. I mean obviously no one needs to mention Digeridoo or polynomial C right? But what about Metapharstic and Tamphex? I mean pure testosterone dudes.

Supremacy II has been driving me crazy with those tweaked to shiz cymbals. And you can really hear how Portreath Harbour influenced Chris Clark. And I love those synth sounds on Polygon Window.

I prefer Classics and Polygon Window to any of the other early Aphex, including SAW I.

Anyone else share my fascination?

I know I see this thread a little late but...

I agree with lots of the things you said... I love the music he did in the first 3-4 years (counting since 1990)

and yes, his digeridoo-ab1-xilem tube work is some of the best hes done

I sometimes think that when the concept "intelligent" was introdiced in the scene, the real deal begun to get lost

Yea, I still consider latter aphex to be greater. And the Tuss to be a great achievement in analog equipment. But sometimes I am not in the mood for music that takes work to listen to. I just want to head bang to some classic technos. For which early Aphex is perfect. I still say Polygon Window is the greatest of his early endeavors.

• 2 months later...
The first two tracks off of Analogue Bubblebath 5 are awesome.

you're damn right rook. a2 is among his best works imo

It sounds as though it has been put together in such a simple way, very catchy/lush melodic tune, almost has an ambient feel to it as well.

I am really loving the likes of Quixote + Quino-Phec at the moment

i know the one loganfive is talking about... i remember because no-one ever notices it except me... and him/her.

track 6 on CD2 or E1 on the vinyl version... with the delayed percussion.

Yes, Hexagon is its unofficial name. Its very SAW 85-92 in style, a really nice oriental style melody. One of my favorite Aphex tracks too.

No, he was talking about [windowsill], the 7:13 track.

'tis brilliant. Was initially my favourite track.

The first two tracks off of Analogue Bubblebath 5 are awesome.

you're damn right rook. a2 is among his best works imo

10/4 ftw

Archived