IGNORED

Rubber Johnny

Guest Quixote

Guest Quixote

I had only heard the rumor that Rubber Johnny's Jamrolypoly was apparently RDJ only after the release of the Tuss, though I've been a fan of AFX for a while. After listening to this release for the first time ever only today, I was wondering what people are saying about it today. Is this our Richie under the psuedonym that would spawn the Rubber Johnny video? Is Jason Buckle real, or is he as transparent as the Tregaskin's are?

My opinion? It could be - the drum patterns, the simple background ambient melodies reminiscent of SAW v.1 - it COULD be, but it's not as evident as the Tuss's sound.

Guest Quixote
i donty care what anyone tells me ... module 2 is by richard james

and scharlach eingang

I miss Bochum Welt :(

But I see the consenses is no regarding Rubber Johnny. Thanks!

Whoa, this Jason Buckle guy is awesome! Especially for '97. Why have I never heard about him until now?? I highly doubt it's Aphex. The Tuss? Probably Aphex. This? Not enough similarities. Though this makes me wonder if the guy possibly had a hand in it, maybe on a track or two... because the drum programming in some of this stuff does remind me some Tuss stuff. I wouldn't be surprised. Guess I should find out what this guy's up to these days.

Guess I should find out what this guy's up to these days.

I think Jason played synths on Jarvis Cocker's solo album last year.

He also appeared in 'Harry Potter And The Goblet of Fire' in that band with Jonny Greenwood.

Archived