IGNORED

movies. good ones. seriously.

kokoon

just saw "The Belly Of An Architect" (Greenaway).

it was nice and entertaining, but i remember his "A Zed And Two Naughts" impressed me more.

so, what Greenaway flicks did you guys like the most?

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey takeshi - is that mishimas severed head in your avatar?

Yeah.

so, what Greenaway flicks did you guys like the most?

I've only seen 8 1/2 Women and The Pillow Book but I liked them both. But I've been waiting for this to be released for a while.

saw 3 movies this weekend:

- Kunsten å tenke negativt: really didn't impress me at all, not recommended

- Night on Earth: loved this one!

- Ghost Dog, The Way of the Samurai: awesome movie :) didn't know burial sampled this!

didnt he do the cell? that kind of make me a bit weary...

what was wrong w/ The Cell? love that movie. J-Lo pisses you off? she did well. good flick. and yeah The Cell is what i immediately thought of when i saw those stills. very surreal.

saw this last night:

cannibalbig.jpg

it was like some terribly acted nightmare, but a nightmare nonetheless. its good to know after watching a ton of fucked up movies that there's still one that can make me wince a little. haha

what was wrong w/ The Cell? love that movie. J-Lo pisses you off? she did well. good flick. and yeah The Cell is what i immediately thought of when i saw those stills. very surreal.

id like to see vince vaughn in other serious movies

it didnt have the heart to match the visuals. all style no substance

I watched that mid 90's film Alive the other day, where that rugby team crashes into the Andes. Damn good film. You can't go wrong with those types of true stories where people survive mad shit.

vincent d'onofrio?

I watched that mid 90's film Alive the other day, where that rugby team crashes into the Andes. Damn good film. You can't go wrong with those types of true stories where people survive mad shit.

man i used to love that film when i was a kid. i havent seen it in ages. i always remember the scene where they decide to eat the guy and they dig a big chunk out of his ass. god that was gross

vincent d'onofrio?

no vince

I watched Towelhead last night. It was pretty good. Written and directed by Alan Ball who also wrote American Beauty. They should have renamed it Libanese Beauty, because it's very similar to American Beauty but absolutely worth a watch.

Guest beatfanatic

just finished watching The Cell by Tarsem Singh and i really loved it except Jennifer Lopez and Vnce Vaughn. The surrealist imagery was amazing and it seems like he toned it down a little for The Fall which was really good too

The Cell was one fucked up movie though

strongly recommended

I watched Towelhead last night. It was pretty good. Written and directed by Alan Ball who also wrote American Beauty. They should have renamed it Libanese Beauty, because it's very similar to American Beauty but absolutely worth a watch.

I'm not too big on American Beauty but I think in the long term Six Feet Under was the best thing on television. I heard there was a new strange series by him that's supposed to be great as well...?

i just watched blair witch project for the first time, it was good.

Congratulations :ok:

watched Blindness yesterday , strongly recommend it

Absolutely. I watched it when I was in New York and a couple of days later I read a review in a Brooklyn-newspaper (I think) and it received 1/4 stars. I was like "What the fuck? Did they watch the right movie?"

Guest beatfanatic

Absolutely. I watched it when I was in New York and a couple of days later I read a review in a Brooklyn-newspaper (I think) and it received 1/4 stars. I was like "What the fuck? Did they watch the right movie?"

yeah apparently the movie tanked in the states with people walking out of the theatres halfway through the movie. I was on the imdb message boards and apparently people weren't expecting soo much nudity ( i wasnt offended by it given the context of the movie) and i think people were offended by the rape scene ( which i didnt think was that bad because a lot of it was implied and wasnt even shown). The other reason is that the movie was badly marketed. I dont think it was even released in Canada. I think the movie is this year's Children of men.

yeah apparently the movie tanked in the states with people walking out of the theatres halfway through the movie. I was on the imdb message boards and apparently people weren't expecting soo much nudity ( i wasnt offended by it given the context of the movie) and i think people were offended by the rape scene ( which i didnt think was that bad because a lot of it was implied and wasnt even shown). The other reason is that the movie was badly marketed. I dont think it was even released in Canada. I think the movie is this year's Children of men.

Sweet Jesus Vagina... There's no place like the U.S., right? It's okay to watch action movies or slashers where people get blown to pieces or stabbed 300 times in the head, but as soon as there's a cock or tit on the big screen people start to bleed out of their eyes. Talking about being guilty of double standards, huh?

And yeah, I was expecting a terrifying rape scene but it honestly wasn't as horrific as I had been told it was.

Let me just elaborate on that...

I watched [REC] about a year ago and I loved it.

The thin zombie lady in the end of the movie scared the living crap out of me, and I loved all the little details about her. Especially the way they had structured her body and especially her breasts. They made her look like what I expect a naked witch to look like.

So a couple of days ago I watched Quarantine which is the American remake of [REC] and I was really surprised by the fact that they had added even MORE violence to an already violent movie.

And because of this I was also really excited about seeing what they had done to the 'witch'-thingie at the end of the movie... and fuck me... they had completely removed her breasts! What the fuck? That was the best detail about her!

It's okay to watch zombies getting their heads bashed in, it's okay to watch people with bones sticking out of their skin but it's not okay to watch a pair of breasts. What the fuck is this!?

Fuck you, Hollywood.

Archived