IGNORED

Quaristice JAPAN virgin

amnesia

Hi all

As you all know the Japanese CD is suppose to have 2 extra trax and a nicer design sleeve.....

when anyone who bought it gets it can you plz confirm if it is worth grabbing

TIA

Hi all

As you all know the Japanese CD is suppose to have 2 extra trax and a nicer design sleeve.....

when anyone who bought it gets it can you plz confirm if it is worth grabbing

TIA

The first person who gets it will probably post the two extra tracks for all of us to enjoy and you can decide for yourself.

It will probably just be excerpts from the Untilted Live set no?

hmv say 2 bonus tracks, tower say its just 1, obviously hoping hmv is right. i contacted beat records who are licencing it in japan for confirmation, but am still waiting for a reply. i can upload 24 bit wav files when i get the album, no probs.

24 bits? cd quality is 16 bits.

yep, but i usually render all wav/aiffs at 24. either way, it'll be better than an mp3.

hmmm/ whats do you gain by ripping at 24?

maybe not so much in the case of a single audio file as in the case here. but usually when i make music i record and mix at 24 bits, simply because it'll improve the overall mix. plus, it doenst take up way much more disk space like recording at 32 bits. but usually if i send files to people i send at 24 bits/44100khz just to make it as high quality as possible. sometimes 48000khz if they request it.

and i guessed that people here would prefer as decent quality Ae audio as possible... but yeah, if youre gonna burn it on a CD then 16 bits is perfect.

transcoding audio at a higher bitrate does not improve audio quality. Even moderately experienced people making Mp3s know this. You can't get more information out of a digital audio signal other than what's there.

transcoding audio at a higher bitrate does not improve audio quality. Even moderately experienced people making Mp3s know this. You can't get more information out of a digital audio signal other than what's there.

yea thats what i figured, but i just was curious if there was any real reason behind it (maybe personal ?_?)/ you should definately keep cdrips at 16 then/ but i think its sweet you release your own music in 48

Guest Synthacat 9

you can with waterboarding and other information extracting techniques!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Kenneth172
maybe not so much in the case of a single audio file as in the case here. but usually when i make music i record and mix at 24 bits, simply because it'll improve the overall mix. plus, it doenst take up way much more disk space like recording at 32 bits. but usually if i send files to people i send at 24 bits/44100khz just to make it as high quality as possible. sometimes 48000khz if they request it.

and i guessed that people here would prefer as decent quality Ae audio as possible... but yeah, if youre gonna burn it on a CD then 16 bits is perfect.

64bit would be preferable. Thanks.

you can with waterboarding and other information extracting techniques!

¦0¦

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ultravisitor

arrived this morning.

am sat having a spliff and listening to quaristice for the first proper time

:omg:

Guest PusillanimousRex

People who feel the need to publicly berate drug users for a lack of moral fibre are subconciously looking for a convincing argument to spark one up.

Archived