IGNORED

Now Reading

Guest The Vidiot

• 3 weeks later...

Just about to finish up Henry Millers Black Spring... it's a lot to ingest at a time... I can only take 20 or so pages a sitting.

Guest Rightsidedrive

kurt vonnegut timequake

really just been opening to random pages (already read it before)

its got like jewels of wisdom and the like.

ive been trying to finish slaughter house but never do. Also, for some reason, I never get to finish Anna Karenina, always lose the damn thing. Both are good tho, in my opine.

Ive noticed now that ive veen drinking alot, I read more internet than anything. :rolleyes::rdjgrin::rhubear3::shuriken::facepalm::crazy:

Guest Rightsidedrive

jew

mazel tov!

tonights gonna be a good night. :beer:

to stay on topic, ive been reading the washington post. Well, mostly the fort hood coverage and the suicide attacks in afghanistan. 100 plus dead people, its crazy. They go through this constantly. This is the nature of the world I guess. :wub::cat:

Man my reading list is off the hook exciting!

"The Growth of Regional Trading Blocs in the Global Economy"

"Losing Control? Sovereignty in an Age of Globalization"

"Corporation Nation - How Corporations are Taking Over Our Lives and What We Can Do About It"

"Displacement, Asylum, Migration - Oxford Amnesty Lectures"

"Controlling Immigration - A Global Perspective"

"Blurred Boundaries: Migration, Ethnicity, Citizenship"

this last one actually is quite interesting:

"The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down" - it's about the Hmong in America, and is a really interesting read.

Plus numerous charts and papers from policy wonks to analyze. Good times good times...

Currently reading: Anne Frank - Diary of a young girl. Mainly for sexual pleasure, but also because my sister left it here before venturing back home.

your "quite stickable" sister I might add.

OMG, I've just realised what you are!

lol I'm replying a month late, but I'll ask...

"what am I?"

Right now I'm raeding Cross-X: The Amazing True Story of How the Most Unlikely Team from the Most Unlikely of Places Overcame Staggering Obstacles at Home and at School to Challenge ... Community on Race, Power, and Education It's for an education class, but I have found it to be very entertaining. It's about a group of kids in one of KC's poorest schools and how their debate team is among the best in the nation despite the rough neighborhoods, rampant poverty, and generaly low expectations of them.

Other than that I'm slowly making my way through St. Thomas Aquinas' On politics and Ethics. It's been an interesting read although I don't agree with a lot that I've read so far.

Edited by Hautlle

Other than that I'm slowly making my way through St. Thomas Aquinas' On politics and Ethics. It's been an interesting read although I don't agree with a lot that I've read so far.

That's because Aquinas is a bunch of outdated bullshit. Might I suggest Hobbes' "Leviathan" instead? Online here, with downloadable PDF also available:

http://oregonstate.edu/instruct/phl302/texts/hobbes/leviathan-contents.html

Flann O'Brien - The Dalkey Archive.

Brilliant

Need to find a copy of At Swim Two Birds next

I need a copy of both...

nr: The Worm Ouroboros by E R Eddison