IGNORED

Now Reading

Guest The Vidiot

563.jpg

Good book on the failings of the left, at a time when they should be at their strongest.

Lolz, I'm reading In Defence Of Lost Causes at the moment.

Slavoj all up in this bitch.

If either of you haven't seen it, The Perverts Guide to Cinema is a really good watch. Lots of lols.

been reading "The Werewolf" by Montague Summers, recommendation courtesy of Glenn Danzig. Thanks, bro.

also, "Unpopular Essays" by MC B-Trand Russel.

and last but not least, I've been making my way through One Thousand and One Nights. Woopty woop.

Guest Iain C

and last but not least, I've been making my way through One Thousand and One Nights. Woopty woop.

Should take you about 2.7 years in my experience.

Should take you about 2.7 years in my experience.

Yes. I like it, but it is too easy to stop when something else comes along.

Guest Iain C

how is the crane crit?

interesting enough - i've only really skimmed it to be honest, but the author seems to read White Buildings as a cycle, with Crane striving towards a sort of abstract religious ideal. i'd like to see more on the themes of bisexuality and the balance between masculinity and femininity that John Logan identifies in this edition's introduction, but there you go. since leaving university i barely touch criticism any more and my ability to digest it has atrophied.

i did find this picture:

003948.jpg

i also got a copy of this explosive little book in the post yesterday:

31p2PPXXC3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I just got a kindle last week, and one of the first free books I grabbed was a collection of letters between R.W. Emerson and Thomas Carlyle. Pretty cool insight into their friendship.

Edited by luke viia

I've been slowly working my way through the Scar Tissue, the autobiography of Anthony Kiedis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers... It's an interesting read so far, he had a really crazy life growing up to say the least.

Class Warfare - noam chomsky

eh

Ulysses - james joyce [still]

Tibetan Book of the Dead [kind of]

and random crap online about self actualization / maharshi

and maybe A History of Western Philosophy by Bertrand Russell

I read the first half of Underworld in a few days and it was brill but I can't touch it again until I get some sort of vacation where I can just sit down and read the last 400 pages. It's slow going if you lose the momentum and try to dip in and out before bed or sommat.