IGNORED

new Tuiss tracks in Viberts recent live sets

awepittance

So i was listening to one of the most recent luke vibert sets on here, and i have no idea where it went by the way. I just remember it having a lot of kerrier district style songs in it. I specifically remember at least one song that sounded like a really bad-ass unreleased acid workout Tuss song. I wish i could find this live set again and isolate that track. Any other Tuss-ish tracks detectable on vibert's or rdjs recent sets?

Guest analogue wings
So i was listening to one of the most recent luke vibert sets on here, and i have no idea where it went by the way. I just remember it having a lot of kerrier district style songs in it. I specifically remember at least one song that sounded like a really bad-ass unreleased acid workout Tuss song. I wish i could find this live set again and isolate that track. Any other Tuss-ish tracks detectable on vibert's or rdjs recent sets?

There was one he dropped near the end of his Auckland set that triggered my "unreleased RDJ" alarm in a big way. it was this huge clubby anthem but with pure analord sounding timbres

Guest analogue wings
actually that track from 48:00 onwards in the luke vibert perth 2007 gig thing that aquagak posted is tipper... maybe that's what you were meaning?

when i first heard it in another set (vibert - let it bleep DJ set) i thought it sounded a bit aphex-y too. but it's tipper from this , i think the track is called 'open the jowls'... well it's something off of the 'relish the trough' record. it's really good!

wtf are you on about? is Tipper the name of an artist? Link?

actually that track from 48:00 onwards in the luke vibert perth 2007 gig thing that aquagak posted is tipper... maybe that's what you were meaning?

when i first heard it in another set (vibert - let it bleep DJ set) i thought it sounded a bit aphex-y too. but it's tipper from this , i think the track is called 'open the jowls'... well it's something off of the 'relish the trough' record. it's really good!

wtf are you on about? is Tipper the name of an artist? Link?

what am i on about? i think it was pretty clear...

"relish the trough" on discogs

the track/s that aquagak (and possibly gbIII) thought were the tuss from that recent perth set is actually this guy... it's sort of 'nu-breaks' (whatever that means), a bit drum n bassy, a bit electronic... i dunno, it's just good interesting stuff... and it just really fucking kicks it!

here's a few little snippets from that set so you know what i'm talking about:

damn i like this , its definitely the song i thought was the tuss , thanks!

Guest burnibus

check out Si beggs stuff, mate of tippers and also super produced bass business. his Revolution ep sounds like wicked AFX style breks goodness.

also his record label noodles discoteqhue is superb.

Guest Drahken

Yea Tipper is ace stuff. Haven't heard Relish the Trough. Critical Path is probably my favorite from what I've heard. Crunch is also pretty awesome.

some of tippers stuff is really as good as the tuss and better than most of the stuff out there

as i discovered him some years ago its was kind of wtf and i started dancing right away

that normally only happens to me when i listen to new aphex

I heard Tipper's tune "Relish the Trough" when it was dropped at the Torino gig back in 2005 which Aphex performed. It's a brilliant tune, and admittedly when I heard it from some of the recordings of that gig, I immediately assumed it was new AFX, but then somebody corrected me and put me in my place. Someone on this board.. somebody...

How uncanny, similarities in titles:

Relish The Trough

Confederation Trough

yeah i have to say even though this is hard to face, it seems like Relish the Trough did have a significant influence on RDJ. i mean obviously some of the Tuss tracks were composed before he heard it, but if you listen to that album some of those warbly and tweaked synth leads and bass lines scream The Tuss.

How uncanny, similarities in titles:

Relish The Trough

Confederation Trough

'Relish The Trough' is an anagram of 'Tighter, Lush Hero'

'Confederation Trough' is an anagram 'Toughened Fornicator'

• 1 month later...

Archived