IGNORED

kaen ambient

kaen

straight away reminds me of William Basinski's Water Music, but less disintegrated.... very nice textures here - the hiss works well and compliments the other tones creating a nice soundscape... nice music to do Valium to! Lovely stuff.

excellent. exceedingly excellent.

the pitchdown at the end kinda derails the organic feel for me, but perhaps that's intended!

thanks guys, yeah i dunno what that slowdown was for, i just got tempted to push my slow everything the fuck down button at the end so i did, lol

i might do another recording and add a few bits to it

I tend to really enjoy these organic found sound texture heavy tracks, and this one's no exception. You did a great job of blending all those melodic tones together. Geez man, this is really nice. Also, I like the pitch bend bleepy ending.

just did some live shiznitz ambient styleee

untitled.mp3

comments would be grand

love

kaen

quite excellent, i think the white noise sheen and tape hiss quality you lay over the mix really does wonders for this. i think its a beautifully made ambient song. It doesnt really remind me of biosphere and i dont think field recordings would ad anything to this track. I personally the ambient + random field recordings sound has kind of been done to death.

My only recommendation: on some of those lower tones that come in towards the end i would do a bass boost so you can physically feel some of that. or possibly even double some of those notes/tones at a lower octave or 2 to add some more beefiness to them

I dug it.

Did not like the ending.

I would have just faded out to a single note.

Overall I think you could easily expand on this and add more elements.

I dug it.

Did not like the ending.

I would have just faded out to a single note.

Overall I think you could easily expand on this and add more elements.

yeah i plan to, it was literally just me fucking about with faders and recording it on the fly, when my controller arrives ill work on a proper version minus the stupid slowdown thing and re-up, i have some new elements i want to work into it too.

Archived