IGNORED

afx hip-hop

Fred McGriff

when i first got i care because you do, cow cud is a twin didnt really do much for me. neither did its sister ventolin remix. but damn, i have long sinced realized how incredibly awesome the track is. it's fucking awesome. i cant stop emphatically nodding my head when i blast that shit. it is fucking brilliant. isn't it amazing that every flavor of aphex -- ambient, hip-hop, drill, acid, 4 on the floor, is the best in its class? aphex does swingin hip hop better than vibert. so i would kill for a more chilled out hip-hop cow cud is a twin style album to come out. i think that would be cool. the elastic band in my sweatpants would snap.

Guest analogue wings

+1 for Aphex hip hop album.

More good RDJ hip hop in amonsgst the chip chunes on Melodies From Mars. Track 4 ftw!

Guest Needlenose

Yup, this track is awesome. I didn't realize the Ventolin remix was its "sister track", I thought it was just a sound-a-like.

Yeah, It's a great song, a good song to walk to as well.

just "great"?

eat shit dude let's fight

Password Stealer VS. :mcgriff:

CowCudIsATwin is an awesome track, with sick beats. I recently put subs in my car, and this album is ace, especially this track.

I submitted to Discogs that CowCudIsATwin is an anagram of Caustic Window; not sure how I caught that one.

http://www.discogs.com/release/3535

Guest Helper ET
is that a door slamming at the start

It is supposedly his desk drawer

any sources on that?

am i the only person who likes plain an gwarry???

didnt winner takes all have that drum pattern as well or am i going a bit mad?

Well, the tune is OK, but I suppose it has the same problem as AB5 track 5. There's a good melody in there, but the track is too long and it comes across as boring.

I'll listen to either if I'm in the right mood, though.

is that a door slamming at the start

It is supposedly his desk drawer

any sources on that?

found it, but it is a door being slammed, I was confusing the desk sound part with it

From Lucid Dreaming in Wire

At the beginning of the next track, a door slams and James's voice is heard shouting, before the rhythm track kicks in. It's been taped with a portable DAT from bedroom speakers, and you can hear James shuffling around in the room before jacking the desk sound into the mix, so that the music can be heard 'properly'. It's an unsettling alchemy, this constant shifting between machine acoustics and realtime experience.

http://That Other Site™.com/nostalgia/aphextwin.nu...584377199.shtml

Guest Needlenose
I always thought it was a nail gun discharging into a plywood board with a picture of Elton John on it

this.

Archived