IGNORED

do you want autrchre to get off the elektrons

amnesia

do you want autrchre to get off the elektrons for the next album and get back into computers?

As much as I love Electron Monomachine and Machindrum I feel it leaves a huge hole in the Autechre sound...it moves them further away from being the most out there composers in the world.

do you want autrchre to get off the elektrons for the next album and get back into computers?

As much as I love Electron Monomachine and Machindrum I feel it leaves a huge hole in the Autechre sound...it moves them further away from being the most out there composers in the world.

i want them to make an all acoustic album next

Autechre unplugged? Wouldn't they cease to exist?

Autechre unplugged? Wouldn't they cease to exist?

not necessarily unplugged, it would have to be acoustically recorded from acoustic sound making sources. They could still do just as complex of drum programming but this time around it would have to be on a solenoid-baseds Pierre Bastian style midi rig.

amni, I agree - It may be fantastic to make stuff on these boxes, and they manage quite well to have a broad palette anyway - but I too hope they don't get stuck with them to much... (They have managed to get away from retrigs on all and everything so I think they can avoid to get stuck on the boxes, too)

Guest Hanratty

I'm curious what effect you think the Elektrons have on their sound? I've never used them before and don't know much about them, except that they look like drum machines. How do you think the Elektrons direct the sound?

why? if you like autechre live tracks, you also like the elektrons.

Guest Rook

The elektrons effect the new AE sound a lot. But I mean, I use elektron stuff, and I don't sound like AE. So I dunno. Plus, Untilted is pretty freaking insane. I couldn't do that on my elektron stuff. That pretty much goes for Quaristice too, but less so. There are more recognizable "elektron" sounds on Quaristice than on Untilted. The two albums sound very very different to me and yet were made with the same gear.

The elektron gear has way more potential that AE have not utilized yet. I doubt they will abandon them yet. Especially since Sean has said how much he likes them. Understandably. Since they are loads of fun.

I really wish they would release a soundboard though. Some of the sounds live were really amazing.

I dont really like the live tracks,,,it puts Ae closer to other artists, and when a 4/4 beat happens it really seems so un AUtechre to me

I just find the elektron work limits the sonic palet? of the might Ae its horrible when i can think oK that bit sound Vladislav Delayish etc,,,I have never been able to say that of any past Ae music, cant compare them to anyone

I am in no way saying its shit, but I feel its sub par for AUtechre

How do you think the Elektrons direct the sound?

well, you can hear their thin brittle digitalisms all over the place and they don't really support advanced and well-thought out arrangements... (even if they have a "song mode" it's not how they are mostly used, I think) It's not that easy to make tracks like "Maphive 6.1", "Cichli" or "Laughing Quarter" using a 16-step sequncer live... the elektrons are on-the-fly-live-pattern arrangers which surely is fun, but tends to just sound jammy, sketchy and chaotic...

it's the lack of depth in the arrangements I miss the most in the new stuff, but on the other hand there is a new and spontaneuos side to their music (and h o u r s of new music, though mostly jammed - instead of arranged/composed*) which are quite nice...

*= though it's quite obvious that Ae always have made pretty much of their music in "jams", but nowadays they are more loose or something I guess?

Guest analogue wings

WAY TO MAKE THIS SUBFORUM EVEN SADDER THAN THE BOC ONE YOU COCKS

WAAA I WANT AUTECHRE TO STOP USING SOUNDS I RECOGNISE BECAUSE THAT IS REALLY IMPORTANT TO ME WAAAAA

fucking douches

WAY TO MAKE THIS SUBFORUM EVEN SADDER THAN THE BOC ONE YOU COCKS

WAAA I WANT AUTECHRE TO STOP USING SOUNDS I RECOGNISE BECAUSE THAT IS REALLY IMPORTANT TO ME WAAAAA

fucking douches

was is important to you besides watching mathew broderick using a speech synthesizer?

Guest acridavid

They'll do whatever they feel like and that's great :P They're not gonna stick to those elektrons forever. I bet the next LP has way different gear on it.

I think it is their most bad-ass sound yet (live omg). And I like my Autechres badasss.

Also, it's more common gear than their own written sequencers or whatever but it's funny. It's like: "see guys, this is how to USE this stuff"

They're not gonna stick to those elektrons forever. I bet the next LP has way different gear on it.

I thought this same thing on my way to work, every album is different :-)

Guest Hanratty

Anyone on here use the Nord Modular G2? Autechre does, i'm pretty sure. I base most of my tracks on my nord modular G1, and it's pretty fun to know that AE used it. Are the Elektrons better than the nord modular? I'm still obsessed with the nord. Sorry if this is totally off topic.

Guest DavBrav

one of the hallmarks of Autechre's sound is their dedication to a diverse array of hardware and software. They aren't just toying around with the Elektron machines - read the interview in Future Music. And, frankly, this is just echoing the arguments around the time of Confield that they should abandon Max/MSP.

Guest Enter a new display name

I miss the days they were using more softwares to produce their records, since I think 2001-2003 was the best period of their career.

yeah, confield was their peak imo, but they're still good! i don't want them to abandon anything, if they did that it'd probably sound forced. just like if they went back to lush melodic stuff. i like the fact that no two autechre albums sound the same!

Nope. The sounds that they chuck out during the untilted set are the business. And to be totally honest, listening to the Confield tour, they can get the same sounds out of their gear that they use now, listening to the second track from that set list and then listen to the first ten mins of the LA 2008 set. Elektron all the way.

Archived