IGNORED

wAgAwAgA - Maytime Daytime Sun

Guest splagawaga

Guest we_kill_soapscum

wagawaga i honestly think you are the best producer i have heard in 2008. it really makes me afraid for my own musical career that you're not swimming in money and women, unless you are in fact swimming in money and women.

I love this in all its minimalism.

Perfect production!

Great kicks.

I'm not sure about the ride/cymbal-samples that come in at 2:27.

2:57 - YES!!!!! *wanks*

I feel weird mentioning this, but as I live in a universe that revolves around delay and reverb, I feel like I have to mention the great reverb on the snare in this track.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest splagawaga
wagawaga i honestly think you are the best producer i have heard in 2008. it really makes me afraid for my own musical career that you're not swimming in money and women, unless you are in fact swimming in money and women.

:) thanks mate. no im not swimming in anything at the moment, apart from perhaps tooth ache. ive managed to squeeze a small vinyl release thanks to subeena but thats the grand total of my career-mongering to date. if i can make enough to only work part-time that would be sweet. the guns bitches boats cars helicopters and vintage synths will have to wait.

Fucking wicked.

does the town of midsomer have a burgeoning jungle scene? ;)

very good shit!

thanks

the voice sample reminds me of burial.

i didn't like the track though.

fair enough, thanks for replying

i like what happens in the second half of the track but i can't help wishing the track was faster

interesting point. i played this 'live' a while ago and a friend came up to my mid way through playing and asked me how fast it was, then said 'its welllll slow' its still tricky to drum along to at this speed

I love this in all its minimalism.

Perfect production!

Great kicks.

I'm not sure about the ride/cymbal-samples that come in at 2:27.

2:57 - YES!!!!! *wanks*

I feel weird mentioning this, but as I live in a universe that revolves around delay and reverb, I feel like I have to mention the great reverb on the snare in this track.

thanks squee glad u liked :D

have you told these kids about how mike p heard your blank demo?

i think u just told them didnt u?

this is fucking sick. only one complaint - i find the vocal sample really out of place and distracting in an un-burial way.

thanks for posting. once again, world-class material. your tracks are inspiring!

Guest lionizer

Definitely very good. It's an excellent display of skill with panning and broad equalization, two things I'm not really great at. It gives me an idea of how to start, though. Most of my songs are much too fast and/or cluttered for me to really remember to deal with those things, so I'm not really getting any better at it. I think I'll make something spread out like this to that end.

Guest splagawaga
Definitely very good. It's an excellent display of skill with panning and broad equalization, two things I'm not really great at. It gives me an idea of how to start, though. Most of my songs are much too fast and/or cluttered for me to really remember to deal with those things, so I'm not really getting any better at it. I think I'll make something spread out like this to that end.

thanks mate. i cant think of much good advice for panning, apart from perhaps: try and do it as u go along. i hate going back to it at the end and often dont bother at all. it also helps to open up a crowded mix by pushing ambient parts / textures out to the side and leaving the centre free for the stronger elements.

hope that helps

i think you are a phenomenal producer... and always love you work.

this piece is strong, but not one of my favorites of yours. i love the beats and the atmospheres, but the blips and glitches don't go with the organic feel of the vocals in my opinion. without those, this track would be better, IMO.

wonderful production though. i look forward to more and more from you...

cheers,

eric

Guest splagawaga
i think you are a phenomenal producer... and always love you work.

this piece is strong, but not one of my favorites of yours. i love the beats and the atmospheres, but the blips and glitches don't go with the organic feel of the vocals in my opinion. without those, this track would be better, IMO.

wonderful production though. i look forward to more and more from you...

cheers,

eric

theres been some interesting feedback on this one, thanks eric.

the blips n beeps was just me messing about with automation of FM, i kinda see what u mean tho.

You could seriosly sell some stuff over Beatport... There are million hungry electronic music net labels out there, constantly looking for hot shit like yours!

And yes, I liked EVERYTHING on this track.

Archived