IGNORED

BoC LPs and Their Elements

OneToThirtySix

Has anyone noticed that each album has a running audible theme?

My brother and I think that each album (so far) is based on an element.  For example: MHRTC is Air, having the quality of dust motes floating in the sun, Geogaddi is Fire, sounding like the vinyl is scratched and producing a crackling, and TCH is Water, sounding like undulating waves (not to mention the actual use of water samples).

I'm sorry if this has been brought up before, I did search the forum first.

Hmm, it's a good interpretation, but I don't think it's intended (maybe loosely, at best).

Maybe this year they'll produce an Earth album with gravely textures and a melancholic feel.

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper
Has anyone noticed that each album has a running audible theme?

My brother and I think that each album (so far) is based on an element. For example: MHRTC is Air, having the quality of dust motes floating in the sun, Geogaddi is Fire, sounding like the vinyl is scratched and producing a crackling, and TCH is Water, sounding like undulating waves (not to mention the actual use of water samples).

I'm sorry if this has been brought up before, I did search the forum first.

yes. i await their METAL sounding record. this can be a spaceship epic set in outer space. think of the scary breathing beeping interlude on the ATP live set, and many many robotic voices.

Music Has The Right To Children has always seemed very ice-y and frozen to me.

yeah its ones of the KOA campsites of Alberta in its prime back in the 70s frozen with all the people just standing there.

Guest musicforairports

They should take a hint out of autechres book and do an album of a robot getting nostalgic about his days as a young robot watching binary street learning his 1's from his 0's.

I do see where you hear that.  It does recall an expanse covered in snow, but MHRTC never seemed to have that fragile, twinkling delicacy that I associate with ice.  It doesn't "sparkle" enough, if you know what I mean, that's why we figured it would be Air.

Actually, this makes a lot of sense in a weird way. If Earth is the next one, then it seems likely it would be something like that percussion-driven one everybody likes to speculate about.

yeah its ones of the KOA campsites of Alberta in its prime back in the 70s frozen with all the people just standing there.

Actually the photo on the cover of MHTRTC is from Balmoral Castle, Scotland, if rumours are to be believed.

UPDATE

Sorry, got my 'B's mixed up - it's Banff Castle, in of all places, Canada!

http://www.hidden-travel-gems.com/50226711...anff_canada.php

I had been thinking maybe Earth might sound a bit like Left Side Drive, not exactly percussion-driven, but with odd sounds used for percussion, like the deer-hoof rattle, or whatever that wooden/tinkling sound is.

• 4 years later...

MHTRTC = ice

geogaddi = fire

TCH = shite

How dare you. TCH is gold!

If one of their albums has to take the shite element it's TH

yes, just dropped into to say that. I guess the OP was right.

MHTRTC: air

Geo: fire

TCH: water

TH: shite (earth)

Archived