IGNORED

angel dust appreciation

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Guest awkward

faith_no_more_-_angel_dust_-_front.jpg

is this the greatest fnm album and infact one of the greatest albums ever. or am i suffering from nostalgia?

one of the albums that really got me into music and one of the only ones that still sound great

Guest Soothsayer

The EP from this w/the song in German(?) is really amazing. Faith No More is one of those bands that, for some unknown reason, only sounds better over time. King for a Day, Fool for a Lifetime is an *extremely* underrated album.

I saw Faith No More open for Metallica in Orange County in 1989.

15,000 '80s metal heads chanted "fuck you" in unison during their entire set, with a brief pause for when James Hetfield joined the band on a cover of Black Sabbath's "War Pigs."

A few months later Faith No More's single "Epic" came out, and I bet 90% of said metal heads at that concert bought that album.

king for a day was better

same with album of the year

IMO

like i've said before, faith no more were one of the few bands who broke up at their peak.

ps. imo

I can't decide which I like best of their last three albums. They were all pretty top notch. Of course none can hold a candle to Mr. Bungle's California.

yeah that album is beautifully produced. though i think song-wise i prefer disco volante, it's just so bizarre. but not in a 'being weird for the sake of being weird' way. or something? heh.

Angel Dust is definitely the pinnacle of FNM's career.

A beautifully produced, solid album. Not a single filler track on it.

Fucking perfection.

Guest awkward
king for a day was better

same with album of the year

IMO

like i've said before, faith no more were one of the few bands who broke up at their peak.

ps. imo

yes i've heard both those and i disagree. but angel dust was my first fnm and made a huge impression on me. i was listening to meatloaf and other terrible music and i asked a friend to make me a tape of music with swearing in (he always had headphones on and i'd heard a few cuss words via them and i liked it) so he made me a tape but he forgot the swearing part except for a RATM track and the carter USM fat bastard track with the rimmer sample. the rest was some great and some bad music, the best being some nirvana (from bleach) and jizzlobber and crackhitler. the tape changed my life. the tape was stolen but i still have the inlay somehow. memories memories

Guest awkward

it stills sounds fresh to me even with those cheap keyboard sounds that are kind of its staple sound. and i think the reason for this is that noone has made a record this crazy AND good since.

Guest physlics66

Angel Dust is probably my favorite 90s "Alternative" album. The Songs To Make Love To EP and the A Small Victory mixes were great - wish they'd put out more B-sides.

• 3 weeks later...

just winding up listening to this album for the first time in maybe ten years

i fucking-caned-this-album back in the day. i guess being ignorant to other patton stuff at the time i was oblivious to to the huge fucking elephant in the room - i'm hearing bungle all over it, as well as stuff that would translate to patton's later stuff. having a morricone cover in there is pure genius.

yeah i downloaded this because i had a mad urge to hear RV, but this is a much more ambitious and experimental album than i remember it being as a 16 year old metalhead. glad i revisited it. sad i sold the vinyl when i got into shoegaze and beatles :(

funny how no-one really talks about chuck mosely anymore.

angel dust is superb.

and mr bungle's self-titled is the best they've ever done.

patton is talented, but without zorn, he's just patton.

drunk. we care a LOT.

fuck it now i want to/don't want to listen to naked city

but i tell you this regarding zorn and patton, aside from actual musical input, tzadik and ipecac are two fucking excellent record labels that have released many good things

also i will always love patton for

Archived