IGNORED

The arrogance of AE

MadnessR

Guest theSun
do you really think that live sets and home listenings are the same context after saw them 3 times??

obviously the music isn't going to be as sweet if ae aren't actually in front of you pumping the huge PA subs. i think that as a release, an ae live set would hold up at least as well as any other album they've put out.

shit i already consider pontins an ae release, like a dancy intermission between untilted and quaristice.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
listen to any of their live tracks and U have to agree that they are not releasing their best stuff..Why IS the question...

because they are too embarrassed now a days to release music that is not up its own ass with a stamp of 'difficult listening'

because they are too embarrassed now a days to release music that is not up its own ass with a stamp of 'difficult listening'

I guess that's true, in a way - I wouldn't say embarassed but reluctant. The lives are pretty straight forward good stuff but perhaps they would consider it a letdown if a new album wouldn't be revolutionary or further evolving the style. I can understand that actually... also I like the overall composition of the albums better. But yes, it would be just so easy for them to put some of the live sets out on a bonus disc or something, like Quarisversions (or like the extraordinary vacuum track disc), and to make the fans happy. But then fuck the fans.

Guest nsixqatsi
I did that before i posted.

I did ctrl-f and searched for "Pontin" and found nothing.

Duder, if you haven't got it already. It's on page three of the downloads, UK England Hemsby is the Pontins set.

whoa, they're playing a version of The PLC

• 1 month later...
Guest tv_party

re op: maybe they want people to have a reason to come see them live. perhaps they regard a record as a place to be more experimental and as a nod to the audience give them something different, more repetitive and simple (while still very good) material suited to a club for the live show.

Guest moo duck
I didn't want to create a new topic and I thought that it would suit well with "ae's arrogance"...so I post this here :

http://autechre.musicblog.fr/705825/Autech...ackson/#comment

do you think it's really Booth commenting?

i think it is really Booth. just a name of "autechre.musicblog.fr" suit well with the higher justice of that comment

Archived