IGNORED

I'm thinking about opening chain of hot dog restaurants

dr lopez

i will kill anyone I see putting ketchup on a hot dog. so you're a hot dog n00b that deserves to die.

i had the same idea, opening a place called Law Dogs near the court house in chicago. The different dogs would all be named after famous Chicago judges and lawyers.

you have to start with the right dog though. None of that Vienna Beef bullshit.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i too want to open a hot dog restaurant. i would like to sell beers at mine in giant mugs. i shall call it Frank & Steins.

this is the menu i have been working on:

Chicago - vienna beef hot dog on poppy seed roll with yellow mustard, pickle spear, atomic relish, hot sport peppers, tomatoes and cucumber

Nacho – Beef hot dog topped with cheddar, & pepper jack cheeses, tomatoes, shredded lettuce, sliced jalapenos, fresh salsa and cucumber guacamole, served wrapped in a corn tortilla or on a cornbread bun topped with fresh squeezed lime

New York – Boiled beef dog slathered in a red onion reduction sauce, homemade sauerkraut and whole grain mustard

Veggie – Veggie hot dog served in a lettuce wrap topped with cucumber, red onion, goat cheese, chopped tomato and bean spouts

Texas – Homemade beef chili on two hot dogs served on a hard roll with melted cheddar cheese and minced white onion

Buffalo Dip – Deep fried beef or chicken hot dog topped with crumbled bleu cheese and served on large hoagie roll and then dipped into a spicy homemade wing sauce. Double dips are free!

The Fugazi – Fire grilled beef hot dog served on semolina bread topped with sauteed onions and green and red peppers

Phlli Phrank - Grilled hot dog on italian sub roll topped with peppers, onions and melted cheez-whiz

Sushi Dog - Deep fried flounder in tempura batter topped with wasabi and daikon radish. Cut into 6 pieces.

Gyro Dog - Beef or Lamb dog served on a grilled pita topped with chopped tomatoes, lettuce and tzatziki sauce

Irish Dog - Beef dog boiled in guinness and topped with sliced potatoe knish and whole grain mustard

Dessert Dog – Whole banana served on a pound cake bun topped with a homemade dark chocolate sauce, chopped walnuts, and whipped cream

Guest disparaissant

i saw that hot dawg place in chicago on anthony bourdain's no reservations.

mmm. anthony bourdain. i'd eat him up.

i too want to open a hot dog restaurant. i would like to sell beers at mine in giant mugs. i shall call it Frank & Steins.

There's already a bar/grill in my neighbourhood called that.

Guest Ominous
By keeping the simple beef frank the same, a whirlwind of flavors can be delicately layered on top.

Agreed. There's a Hip Hot Dog place here called Wurstkuche and they offer all kinds of different sausages (from Vegetarian to Rabbit to Alligator); but it really doesn't make much of a difference in flavor when you're using the same toppings and bun... great frites in that place though... which reminds me: I've been to Montreal TWICE and failed to try Poutine :cerious-facepalm:

There's already a bar/grill in my neighbourhood called that.

grrr. well i guess its not that original.

By keeping the simple beef frank the same, a whirlwind of flavors can be delicately layered on top.

Agreed. There's a Hip Hot Dog place here called Wurstkuche and they offer all kinds of different sausages (from Vegetarian to Rabbit to Alligator); but it really doesn't make much of a difference in flavor when you're using the same toppings and bun... great frites in that place though... which reminds me: I've been to Montreal TWICE and failed to try Poutine :cerious-facepalm:

lol, I live like 30 seconds away from Wurstkuche. It's delicious, but it's been way too crowded to go in the evenings for the past couple of months, thanks to some local hipster grapevine publicity engine.

They do have a great beer selection.

Guest uptown devil

800px-OriginalPoutineLaBanquise.jpg

that looks so unbelievably delicious, i think i might have to get myself some poutine for dinner tonight.

lol that gravy on those fries look like toothpaste or cartoon pimple juice or something squeezed outta

those are melted cheese curds you silly bitch

Guest Deep Fried Everything

how hard would this be to do with no restaurant experience?

i'm sure it would be quite... easy.

:whistling:

chicago-style ftw!

how hard would this be to do with no restaurant experience?

i'm sure it would be quite... easy.

:whistling:

chicago-style ftw!

lol i guess i walked right into that.

and hells yes for the chicago dogs.

I dunno, "Burger Time" taught me that working in the food services industry can be quite difficult. There should really be an easier way to assemble food other than walking across the top of each ingredient.

I dunno, "Burger Time" taught me that working in the food services industry can be quite difficult. There should really be an easier way to assemble food other than walking across the top of each ingredient.

lol horrible game

I dunno, "Trying to be funny on the Internets" taught me that working really hard in attempting to make others lol can be quite difficult. There should really be an easier way to generate lols other than making thinly-disguised jokes that really aren't funny.

:emotawesomepm9:

(we need a hypocrite emoticon)

I dunno, "Trying to be funny on the Internets" taught me that working really hard in attempting to make others lol can be quite difficult. There should really be an easier way to generate lols other than making thinly-disguised jokes that really aren't funny.

(we need a hypocrite emoticon)

suicide.gif

I'm a HUGE fan of Smoke's Poutinerie here in Toronto, it's a gourmet poutine restaurant that only sells poutine. it's open until 4am on Saturday and has over 25 different kinds of poutine. My favourite is DEFINITELY the pulled pork poutine but there's the double pork (pulled pork and bacon) or even triple pork (pulled pork bacon and sausage) but that's like 12 dollars or something

4599909503_2ddf999ce7_o.jpg this place is going to kill me

wtf that's not a real poutine. Goddamn English-Canadians trying to pass our stuff as their own culture. :whistling:

.P1000618__Small__m.jpg

That, is a real poutine.

Guest Ominous
lol, I live like 30 seconds away from Wurstkuche. It's delicious, but it's been way too crowded to go in the evenings for the past couple of months, thanks to some local hipster grapevine publicity engine.

They do have a great beer selection.

Nice digs (probably)! Yeah, it deserves being overrun, I think; best frites I've had on this side of the world! i never get to the beer, always end up O.D.'ing on that Dandelion soda they sell there.

Archived