IGNORED

Songs that leave an unforgettable impression on you

essines

Fucki'n I Miss You by "Bjork". Heard it when it first came out and i was like 8 and it got stuck in my head so bad that i started bawling when i went to bed because i could not sleep due to the fucking horns and her fucking voice in that song. it ruined my life and freaked my mom out cause i was screaming and crying because i had a song stuck in my head and i wanted nothing more than to have it gone. she turned on the radio and sang to me and everything; i think i finally fell a sleep cause i was exhausted. she didn't know what to do. to this day i havent' listened to that song and have serious issues with listening to bjork.

any songs give you some kind of lifelong impression like that? this is coming out of a conversation with my roomates.

"Great green globs of greasy, grimy gopher guts,

Mutilated monkey meat

Dirty little birdie feet.

Great green globs of greasy, grimy gopher guts,

And me without my spoon."

My mom taught me that on the piano when I was a kid and I've never forgotten it.

That, and a song in French.

Guest Helper ET
Fucki'n I Miss You by "Bjork". Heard it when it first came out and i was like 8 and it got stuck in my head so bad that i started bawling when i went to bed because i could not sleep due to the fucking horns and her fucking voice in that song. it ruined my life and freaked my mom out cause i was screaming and crying because i had a song stuck in my head and i wanted nothing more than to have it gone. she turned on the radio and sang to me and everything; i think i finally fell a sleep cause i was exhausted. she didn't know what to do. to this day i havent' listened to that song and have serious issues with listening to bjork.

any songs give you some kind of lifelong impression like that? this is coming out of a conversation with my roomates.

lol

here's more. this was a year ago

man, one time when i was much younger, probably 9 or 10, i saw a bjork video on the tv and i couldn't get the song out of my head all day and when i had to go to bed the stupid piercing horns were still playing over and over in my head and i started crying and freaking out to my mom and then she turned on the radio and that killed the fuck out of bjork.

it was that cartoony video where there was like condom boobs or something, i don't know, it was horrible. that's why i hate bjork.

how did you find that post form alst year, btw?

i remember making it. but i figured this deserved a thread of its own. but apparently there are only about 3 of us with these kind of experiences.

Guest Helper ET

whos the 3rd?

and the 2nd?

i just remembered you saying sometime that you freaked out at this bjork song and cried to your mom. i dont know why this stuck in my memory, i think its hilarious. anyway i just did a search

Despite having already made a thread about it a few days ago in the Aphex Twins forum, I'm gonna say "On (Reload Mix)". I first got that EP right after I had moved to the city. It reminds me of several things, both good and bad, when I listen to it. That and Flutter, since I believe I got Anti EP at the same record shop.

Mostly songs remind me of who I was dating at the time and it makes me not want to listen to them. :sad:

Fuzzy Wuzzy was Bear,

Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair,

Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't very fuzzy,

Wuzzy?

My mother would recite this poem sometimes before bed as a kid, and I would have these horrible nightmares (and occasionally very awesome dreams) about a hairless bear. Then when I saw "The Great Outdoors", I had a panic attack.

cocteau twins live at glasgow barras (93 i think - four calender cafe tour) on a microdot left quite an unforgettable impression on me.

hitherto, sugar hiccup stand out... in fact fuckit any liz fraser vocal does it for me... fsol - lifeforms / massive attack - blackmilk.

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a Bear,

Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair,

Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't very fuzzy,

Wuzzy?

lol when i was 11 or so i went on a trip with my aunt and her family, and for some reason i had these tremendous pains in my side that caused me great discomfort when i laughed. my cousins kept saying 'fuzzy wuzzy was a woman' to get me to laugh. i nearly vomited from the pain, but it was funny.

among everything i'd expose a quite trivial purchase of miss kittin's radio caroline vol.1 cd in paris about 6 years ago. i was actually looking for something new on a 12" in a record store, but we were in a rush to keep up with the schedule, so i had to pick up something really quick. i didn't have time to listen to the vinyl so i just grabbed this cd. i knew miss kittin before (she played on a laibach concert after party). anyway, i first thought i fucked it up because i didn't expect to hear what i've heard. turned out later that cd was my portal to the vast deep oceans of electronic music and that there's not only techno and electro. i might just owe everything to autecre - flutter, pan sonic - hepatus, der zyklus - matematische modelle, and mu-ziq's rmx of kinesthesia and caroline herve herself for making this amazing and one of the most deeply appreciated mix cd's i've ever heard.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I can think of some songs like this but I think they left an impression because they were on when something else unforgettable was on my mind

the 1st time i heard rock around the clock by bill haley and the comets at the Coronet in edgeware road in 1954. we used to have all night dances on saturdays after the pictures had finished. Oh boy, it was madness, everybody was jiving like mad off the bonces on Bennies and Wacky Baccy.

Not a million miles from you youngsters' "Jungle dos". just 40 years earlier (and with less of these blacks)

Archived