IGNORED

hey i have a sincere request

essines

Guest countchocula
i guess essntially we should compile favorite songs that should be in the mixes in this thread then have a kind of round robin a la MOST IDM THING 2009 where we vote our favorite tunes, make a mix or two or three and then from those mixes choose a group of tunes to make a kind of 90's idm mix of tunes.

maybe?

Yeah this sounds about perfect as long as in the end the megamix gets made. I forgot that WATMM gives you the option to do those massive polls. I was thinking of a poll where you had to chose one option and was wondering how we could pull this off. So yeah just take all the songs already mentioned and all the rest that come in and make a huge poll and we go from there.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was just considering leaving this going for a while and then making a mega multiple choice poll from all the reccomendations and then dividing that into mixes for djs that are into mixing these, and then once those mixes are complete we can compound further.

I'm drinking a full bottle of ...hold on...2009-1930....79 year old red wine with faded labels. And plan to finish it tonight. I want to do this mix tonight. We will see what happens in the mornin.

*canada*

edit the wine is called "brotherhood, america's oldest brewry" i thought wine makers were distilleries. i dunno. blarg. *fires up traktor*

mouse on mars, download, plaid, pole, lots of stuff is needed

edit: including snes's beard

edit 2: forgot to mention the wine was given to me by a 60 year old blind man for getting spyware/viruses off his computer and forwarding his cell phone calls to his house phone. I think this is the best fuckign wine i've ever had. this mix is gonna rock/suck

Guest countchocula
edit: including snes's beard

So were you abbreviating essines or were you referring to Super Nintendo beards?

say essines and snes out loud...

pretty much the same thing

but yah, i was referring to our main Canadian man's beard.

PS- *horrible vocoder with short delay on it voice* Thousands of years in the past there were .slfdkasjdf;saldkfj;asdlkfjas;ldkfjsad;lkfj

"quick everyone look like we're making out"

Guest Helper ET

what i find weird is that everyone thinks that everything that made what electronic music today is what autechre and aphex and boards of canada and squarepusher did, like they are the gods and creators of this giant thing in music. really they are just the ones who became popular in a time of technological/music advances. its all a bunch of bullshit. autechre just try to make money making funny noises, boc for making emotionally spiritual and trippyy shit and then the squarepusher thing, well you know all that jazz

ok we get it but still it remains that the people are still sucking kneesis of these people who once upon a time created amazing music, and sadly all these young peeps are coming along and basing theyre entire purpose of existance into creating what they belive to be what afx/team created 1-2 decades ago

sad

Guest Betty
autechre just try to make money making funny noises

I was good at making funny noise when I was little, if I'd known there was money in it I would have kept at it.

Guest Lady kakapo

Democracy and watmm doesn't mix well so I wouldn't bother with a poll, just listen to suggestions.

I'm actually putting together a sort of IDM primer for someone, but was following the rule of no more than one track from each artist, that attempted to somehow provide a narrative as well.

Why no Heliosphan?

And if you're including tracks from 2000, you should end it on Jega - Geometry.

wank

I really hope you're not the dupe of someone I like on here. Because you're a prick. Really inane trolling. At least do it with some wit, charm, a bit of insight now and again. Just anything other than the total charsima vacuum.

what i find weird is that everyone thinks that everything that made what electronic music today is what autechre and aphex and boards of canada and squarepusher did, like they are the gods and creators of this giant thing in music. really they are just the ones who became popular in a time of technological/music advances. its all a bunch of bullshit. autechre just try to make money making funny noises, boc for making emotionally spiritual and trippyy shit and then the squarepusher thing, well you know all that jazz

ok we get it but still it remains that the people are still sucking kneesis of these people who once upon a time created amazing music, and sadly all these young peeps are coming along and basing theyre entire purpose of existance into creating what they belive to be what afx/team created 1-2 decades ago

sad

Some of this makes sense to me... I must be half asleep or something.

Guest AOOproductions
dickbeard.jpg

Here's Your Fucking 90's Mix

no sir don't like it. Missing Vibert

Wagon Christ - Tally Ho (the song)

Wagon Christ - Crazy Disco party

Plug - Drum & bass for papa (the song)

Plug - Cut (remix or original?)

Plug LP and Tally Ho! his two major contributions to IDM/DnB. Both pre 2000. he has good songs all over, but these two releases were really the only that helped push the development of the genre. But we NEEED luke on here.

Archived