IGNORED

Who makes good electronic music this decade?

Guest my usernames always really suck

Future Sound of London used to be my favorite; I could listen to Lifeforms, ISDN, Dead Cities with my eyes closed and my imagination would conjure up these cyberpunk themed artsy daydreams.

Unfortunately FSOL don't make good music anymore. Fucking hippy flower-child bullshit, I shit on it.

Have any electronic acts as of recent been making the kind of music like FSOL used to make?

i remember being a fan of cascade (does the dirty work)

that one track off'a isdn where it starts off like "let's see what we can see... everybody's online looking good" which i believe is a sample from aliens... well that's a good one.

i used to like we have explosive for what it is, but listening to that track somewhat recently i mean that shit's kind of annoying.

in terms of that music tho for this decade?!@ can you vague it up a little bit?!2 there's all kinds of music like that, however obscure you wanna go... in terms of there being a premier primadonna act in teh vein of FSOL, well, you've got me... i mean, go search myspace music or go listen to some last.fm radio or something, maybe that'll give you an idea.

watmm isn't here to teach you about music that you should listen to, it's here to bring men to other men. speaking of, what are you doing tonight, hunny bunny?~@ us afghani men need to stick together, cuz like, aside from tribal warriors poppy plants and the occasional sunni rave, there aint too much to do out here. where are the good clubs out here, you know, where a white pashtun can get his groove on with a 'special' lady under hte burka?!

Haven't FSOL in this decade released pretty much only material from the Era you were talking about, myusernames?

I've been buying the Archives but I've heard a lot of these "unreleased" tracks here-and-there on their various radio shows they do.

So yeah, I don't think they made any new music since the 90s.

Guest Dirty Protest
i'd like to put forward the motion that papua new guinea is the only good track fsol ever wrote.

Guest David R James
i'd like to put forward the motion that papua new guinea is the only good track fsol ever wrote.

PNG was cool when released... i can't really listen to it now... of course my fave era of fsol is Lifeforms - Dead Cities! afterwards is ok... i can handle it!

i'd say that was motion carried. from this day forward, The Future Sound of London have only written one good* track, and that track is Papua New Guinea. all other works by said producers, should therefore be discounted from any future discussions.

*good constituting something that is actually pleasing to listen to to some degree.

besides PNG... everything else pre-lifeforms blows. PNG doesn't really stand the test of time (for me) with other music released in that time. but that's just me!

Guest assegai

There's nothing off the top of my head that can replace any of the aforementioned released recently. Dead cities is fantastic release, it pretty much needs to be listened to from start to finish. Albums today are designed as singles and not as a solid piece anymore.

So yeah, I don't think they made any new music since the 90s.

Aside from the bum-bum Amorphous releases which I'm not going to talk about there's -

The Woodlands Of Old

Environments I & II

A Giant Globular Burst Of Antistatic

4 Forests

The Hand Made Device

The San Monta Tapes

also coming soon is 2'' tapes and brand spanking new album

you're all well fucking wrong

papua new guinea isnt even the best track on accelerator

which is by far their best album

moscow, 1 in 8, calcium, it's not my problem etc

i can only imagine that none of you know this album or that you're all deaf

and im not talking about their ambient messes or hippy trippy bulshit

just excellent 4/4 techno

also the first amorphous album from 93 is better than lifeforms and all that over the top trippy ambient twaddle

the best thing they did in that era was to drop schottkey 7th path into their live sets

you guys are just a fuckin idiots.

smokin japanese babe, for one.

all of dead cities. and everything else before dead cities. and even the isness in very small doses.

lack of respect for classic FSOL should be permaban

lol i bought accelerator when it first came out and was very disappointed. "it's not my problem" is fucking poor man... i'm suprised you like it LUDD.

I remember back in high school, maybe in 1996 when I started writing really aggressive music, I was kinda the outcast skater/raver kid dressed in black. I remember there was this guy who was the self proclaimed king of the ravers who happened to be able to DJ at some club for god knows what or why. He was really into "euro-house" or some retarded shit, all it was was happy hardcore, it was really bad but he was convinced it was the future and obviously is.

The fag DJ was not the issue, but I remember I used to sit next to him in Chemistry class and I used to play him my stuff occasionally and kept telling me over and over that "Its good but its no FSOL"

So I had this "Its good but its no FSOL" stigma for years until I finally mustered up the courage to listen to Dead Cities. Now I suppose in some wierd old school way, Dead Cities is as good as Microphone Fiend in an "at the time" sense of the way of looking at it, but come on... "we have explosions" was one of the worst songs I've ever heard, its like a terrible alarm clock going off with a "all your base are belong to us" attitude in the samples.

Finally I saw a live DVD years later of "28.8k baud modem" or "DSL" or something, and these lunatics wearing 10 sets of glasses were going on about how they have sacrificed themselves for the good of rave music... all I can say is I wish they tried a bit harder at sacrificing themselves.

same, the band is very overhyped and even when they were releasing Dead Cities at the time that mostly sounded pretty dated (a funny by product of the 90s even while living in the 1990s)

Archived