top 7 picks:

1. Tonight: Franz Ferdinand by Franz Ferdinand

2. Real Recognize Real by Project Pat

3. Working on a Dream by Bruce Springsteen

4. Hood Hop 2 by J-Kwon

5. No Line on the Horizon by U2

6. Invaders Must Die by The Prodigy

7. Cult of Static by Static-X

My Top 5 2009 albums so far (in no particular order)

Alvo Noto - Xerrox Vol.2

Dakota Suite - The Night Just Keeps Coming In

Harmonic 313 - When Machines Exceed Human Intelligence

Tim Exile - Family Galaxy

BJ Nilsen & Stilluppsteypa - Man From Deep River

I think they're all released 2009 anyways.

The new Animal Collective is simply sublime.

Harmonic 313 - When Machines Exceed Human Intelligence

Also this. Great album.

Guest zaphod
top 7 picks:

4. Hood Hop 2 by J-Kwon

lol

top 7 picks:

4. Hood Hop 2 by J-Kwon

lol

Real Recognize Real by Project Pat is pretty good. The rest can suck my cock 'n balls.

EDIT: Real Recognize Real is much better than "Walkin Bank Roll" or whatever it's called. His last release before this.

i havent gotten out that much this year, but i've enjoyed a couple'a things, albeit relative to their past greatness.

- the mighty underdogs: droppin science fiction LP --- yeah it's lateef from latyrx/maroons and gift of gab from blackalicious with some producer from somewhere else, and i honestly skip past most songs because with me i've heard so much OH MY FUCKING GOD YES greatness from the lot hearing yet another song where they rap fast and well with big words about well thought out stuff ranging from relationships to self-empowerment/be-dope stuff, the cut "science fiction" blows my fucking mind, that beat juxtaposed against hte bitches singing is hte main reason i dropped $17 on the 2x12" LP and the monster cut in the beginning is a fun time nad yeah, it's very solid and i've enjoyed it.

- squarepusher: numbers lucent --- again while it's not like FUCKING YES JESUS BE IMPALED ON MY CUM-EXCALIBUR!#% blasphemy inducing delectable mental mindfuckery to the nth degree, coming off of just a souvenir, another one man band thing akin to music has rotted me arse ,albeit it's a one man hipsteriffic rockband as opposed to the miles davis avant garde jazz fusion tribute thing of music has rotted me arse, hearing these 6 tracks assuaded my fears that squarepusher hadn't gone completely hipste,r especially when you get to the last two tracks... notice when squarepusher puts out a free MP3 on the internets/myspace or a clip to pump an album, it's always the most mental superjungle banger, kind of like the modern bass guitar on hello everything and how menelec (sans the 1+ minute artistic noise intro) for uveezy in 04 (evne tho that song was out by late late 02 or 03 by the latest) he always puts something super genius fast mental and badass to get hardcores like me going YEAH YEAH YEAH and then you kind of sigh cuz it's ht ebest track but at least you see why...

anyways, hearing track #6 on here made me smile, cuz when he does a record like just a souvenir he wants the pitchforkmedias of the world to gush over him and he wants hipster girls to love him and record critics to hail him as a genre-transcending genius capable of anything and quite honestly he wants to cash in on the indiemo vibes and make a few dollars, but much like music has rotted me arse i feared htat i lost one of my favorite musicians, #2 to be honest, and that he had gone off in a direction where more critical spoogery was lurking and he could try to sell more records to more artistically-claiming crowds, hearing a completely immature track that hearkens back to the phenomenon of being a little kid in the kitchen randomly smashing pots and pans whilst twirling about on a sit-n-spin makes me go ahhhhh tom is still alive cuz like, i wanan hear music tha tmakes self-important art-gallery-appreciating yuppie hipsters cringe and go "what is this trash?!@ turn it off" whilst making a face that shows they're so clearly above truly avant garde noise nad they're hipsters for the cred, not the creed (oh the difference a little 'e' ca nmake, ask any raver!!") and yeah, hearing something so immature was refreshing and i like this EP for whilst it does hearken the sound of just a souvenir, which btw cracks me the fuck up when i see the 2x12" in the "drum and bass"section i picture some bjorkfan/type going "oh here's a squarepusher record i'll pick it up!" and while they SHOULD be disappointed it's not badass hardcore post-drumnbase superjungle that makes their brain shit three variable differential equations, they prolly love it cuz it's campy rock music that tries ot be their friend like that the perfect woman track.

but yeah i rather enjoy that EP, track 5 is so fun because it's not pretensious at all and around every corner it stops it beats it wails and it's not afraid to make a shit sammich out of a wall of sound with spikes daggers pitfalls rollercoaster tracks and the occasional gong hit, it rocks, and that one song makes the EP which i've got unopened on vinyl and might play when i get to DJ the old oak tavern soon enough.

otherwise, i dont listne to much cuz i'm a closeminded little insignificant prick busy sucking squarepusher's dick and hating the flashbulb for attention. dont' mind me. ever. i suck i am LOOOOOSER

I think the TIme exile release is going to be way up there.

Animal Collective is great.

Harmonic 313 is up there on the merit of 'Quadrant 3' alone.

Ill have more after my coffee and morning music sesh.

Guest IRARI
how about mastodon's crack the skye lp is that sass in the main?

Really looking forward to getting that.

on my d/led copy the last track is cut short by a dragonforce song

Guest lullezucht
how about mastodon's crack the skye lp is that sass in the main?

Really looking forward to getting that.

on my d/led copy the last track is cut short by a dragonforce song

on my d/led copy all the tracks were cut short by me throwing them in the trash can.

KTL IV

BJNilsen & Stilluppsteypa Man from deep river

Alva noto Xerrox2

Alva noto/Sakamoto utp (2008 but euro release expected in 2009)

but i'm still listening/digesting 2008 releases (Jeck, Sunno))), Boris, Autechre)

Archived