IGNORED

Holy shit i just realized!

thehauntingsoul

it's quite good, actually. it reminds me of a really weird disco...i just got done listening to it, actually. i always enjoy it, a few tracks/bits of tracks stand out, but overall a good listen...if i was a dj, i'd spin a few bits of it.

i'd love to hear more stuff from them in that vein, personally. i think it's really interesting, unique album

Guest Enter a new display name
yes, but the extent of the ae boys involvement is unknown.

According to ~ism's interview with Autechre (question suggested by Rook, I think), they were only involved in the ending part of one song off A1-D1.

Guest ~ism
yes, but the extent of the ae boys involvement is unknown.

According to ~ism's interview with Autechre (question suggested by Rook, I think), they were only involved in the ending part of one song off A1-D1.

yeah - well remembered. though i got the impression that Sean was just speaking for himself on that point - ie. Rob may have had input on other parts of the release.

On an aside, I'm looking to sell the 2 x 12" vinyls (A1-B1 and C1-D1) if anyone is interested. Don't think its that hard to find through normal channels but just in case anyone is after it and it's not for sale anymore (haven't checked). PM me if you want it...

its an interesting concept, plunderphonics made in a non tongue in cheek way recycling lots of old rave hits

The process of Sampling other sources is found in various genres (notably hip-hop [1] and especially turntablism ), but in plunderphonic works the sampled material is often the only sound used. These samples are usually uncleared, and sometimes result in legal action being taken due to copyright infringement. Some plunderphonic artists use their work to protest what they consider to be overly-restrictive copyright laws. Many plunderphonic artists claim their use of other artists' materials falls under the fair use doctrine.

C1 is one of the best Gescom tracks!

Who's with me!? *grabs pork chop*

it's really hard for me to get into this album but i admire the concept. C1 just sounds like a very lazily worked on gescom track ,but i can't fault it for that. just because something didn't take very much effort to make doesnt make it any less good

Love how you always give these lazy crititsms It;s almost as if you're NOT still stinging from when they said you're sense of priority was quite clearly fucked. You were fucking seething with them after that and every post you've done since has been the same thing, slagging them for being too experimental.

Do not reply here.

You're sense of priority is quite clearly fucked.

it's really hard for me to get into this album but i admire the concept. C1 just sounds like a very lazily worked on gescom track ,but i can't fault it for that. just because something didn't take very much effort to make doesnt make it any less good

Is that to say you like the tune or not?

I dunno, it's got something special about it. Just the way it kicks in at the beginning after the short noise sounds blows my mind. And the melody is so fragile and sweet, while the dodgy beats never let up. It works really well how the drums sound drunk somehow.

I'm not sure I agree with it being lazily worked on, but if you're comparing it to how pristine earlier Gescom is then I guess I see your point. Also it probably doesn't help that you're a producer yourself of course. I would kill to be able to make tunes a quarter as good as this!

Fuck knows. This guy eats up Pitchfork reviews and spews them out like adjectives. Everyone is watching him. He rips people off, it's disgusting.

Fuck knows. This guy eats up Pitchfork reviews and spews them out like adjectives. Everyone is watching him. He rips people off, it's disgusting.

All I know is that if anyone disagrees with MY ae or Gescom then they're my enemy!

:omg: :devil: :embrassed:

Love how you always give these lazy crititsms It;s almost as if you're NOT still stinging from when they said you're sense of priority was quite clearly fucked. You were fucking seething with them after that and every post you've done since has been the same thing, slagging them for being too experimental.

Do not reply here.

You're sense of priority is quite clearly fucked.

you're retarded. you must pick and choose what you see because this just isn't true.

by a long shot.

I dunno, it's got something special about it. Just the way it kicks in at the beginning after the short noise sounds blows my mind. And the melody is so fragile and sweet, while the dodgy beats never let up. It works really well how the drums sound drunk somehow.

I'm not sure I agree with it being lazily worked on, but if you're comparing it to how pristine earlier Gescom is then I guess I see your point. Also it probably doesn't help that you're a producer yourself of course. I would kill to be able to make tunes a quarter as good as this!

i don't really like C1, some of the other tracks on this i think are great, but like a lot of other jaded autechre fans the release was a tiny bit of a disappointment coming after what i consider to be the best gescom release besides minidisc, iss:sa. it is something that will probably grow on me more as time goes on, like i said i do think its a rather interesting concept and i haven't heard anything else like it before. Usually music that's made entirely from sampled material stays within certain confines.

If you're interested in making songs like A2 you can take an old acid techo tune throw it in a beat slicer and sequence away.

hah! rip people off musically like autechre or do you mean in some other context?

i have to say i've been very disappointed when hearing A1-D1. Probably (imho) there were no ae nor Bola collaboration for this release. Sampled/mangled tracks just don't appeal to me anymore, specially if the concept is somewhat 'up in their own arse', like having to 'decipher' some weird time signature or notice some hidden rhythm patterns...fuck that. i don't want to make a math degree to be able to appreciate the music.

so there - A1-D1 was a big let down for me

Guest spraaaa

I love this and mini disc but I don't really like gescom in general... all the mangled beats are fun for the same reason as quaristice, it's catchy enough to think I know the track but then on actually listening I have no idea where I am in it, which is sweet.

dr clitterhaus is a fucking douche.

still got nothing better to do than to specifically rip on ppl here?

the fact that he would remember those autechre comments from the interview and hold a grudge this long ( i think it was 2005 that untilted came out) is ridiculously sad.

dr clitterhaus is a fucking douche.

still got nothing better to do than to specifically rip on ppl here?

Trouble is you make it so easy for him.

Archived