IGNORED

Death to all hipsters

brian trageskin

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well that, but then there is the fact that by getting laid you mean fucking their best male buddy, cause being that cool is fucking gay as shit.

Guest Hanratty
you guys are just angry that these guys are actually getting laid while you sit in your room making crappy music.

sad but true.

I've got the day off work, so I've had a really lazy morning. I took some time to peruse this and several of the other recent hipster threads on the forum. Over my museli yoghurt mix and oolong, I sat overlooking London as it went about its business completely oblivious to the profundity of my navel gazing and lazy sock-facilitated wank...Sorry I'll start again...

I sat overlooking London as it went about its business completely oblivious to the profundity of my contemplation. I came to this conclusion.

There are both good and bad things about 'young' people.

Thanks Watmm.

37jsqloFrmhp6sezkvgJsKxWo1_500.jpg

“With this application, I pay pitchfork.com to buy the music they say I should listen to, and it all goes directly onto my iphone. It’s great. I can’t tell you how much more time I now have to tye-dye my bootlaces.”

lol

I don't dislike most of the clothing hipsters wear, but what I can't stand are the fucking energy drinks, and their fake hipster lifestyle / attitude (like listening to 8000+ artists on last.fm and not knowing what they're about lol).

I love that Tim & Eric episode, Jim and Derrick or something, the first time I saw that it was like all my thoughts about MTV culture and stuff was made into a parody show.

I still can't work out if I am a hipster or not in the eyes of watmm, I don't have sex with men, I don't like energy drinks, I don't think i have over 8000 artists on my last.fm, i'm not sure if I have a fake hipster lifestyle/attitude...

I don't watch Tim and Eric so I don't know what to base my opinions on.

I like David Bowie?

people who like football, going to the gym, playing squash, have jamie oliver cookbooks/can't cook, have a giant television, patio their entire garden, want an SUV, listen to rap and sentimental dutch-language music, own all Steven Seagal movies, sometimes wear white tracksuits with a white baseball cap, never heard about swine flu, etc. think i'm a trendy intellectual hipster, but i'm not

Guest Iain C
I still can't work out if I am a hipster or not in the eyes of watmm, I don't have sex with men, I don't like energy drinks, I don't think i have over 8000 artists on my last.fm, i'm not sure if I have a fake hipster lifestyle/attitude...

I don't watch Tim and Eric so I don't know what to base my opinions on.

I like David Bowie?

You're an art student, end of discussion.

Guest Iain C

I think when people talk about hipsters, they're generally referring to city-based mid-twenty-somethings with superficial interests in art, fashion and music. "Emo" kids have tight jeans and haircuts but are generally younger, provincial, and don't even pretend to have good taste.

Guest Iain C

Let's spend the next three pages discussing which definitions of emo are the most valid, and which shitty 90s post-hardcore bands we can still admit to listening to!

I think when people talk about hipsters, they're generally referring to city-based mid-twenty-somethings with superficial interests in art, fashion and music. "Emo" kids have tight jeans and haircuts but are generally younger, provincial, and don't even pretend to have good taste.

I meant they were the new emos in the sense that they are the new subculture people love to hate

Archived