IGNORED

Moon:::::

Atop

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw it. Cool flick.

Potential spoiler:

At the beginning, I was afraid it was going to be a total rip off of 2001, by the way it was unfolding. Then after a few twists and turns, I realized it was nothing like it... for the most part. There were some small holes in the plot along the way. I guess that is par for the course in most sci-fi stories. All said and done, the film was entertaining, despite that.

Sam Rockwell was really good in it. I recommend seeing it if you get a chance.

Definitely fucking IDM.

permission to point out the obvious?

moon-movie-poster.jpg

2001-spacesuit1.jpg

Like any person in the creative medium (be it, Art, Music, Film making...) they may be inclined to give a nod to their influences and reference points.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest maus

caught this tonight in santa monica...

overall pretty good. the mood and a few key moments were really striking, but i felt like it could have followed through a bit more strongly... kept waiting for some new twist or revelation that didn't come. rockwell was pretty great, and mansell's score was, for the most part, pretty fitting and relatively unique.

i sort of had high hopes for a bit more of a sci-fi mind job - no doubt partly influenced by the 2001-esque marketing... and it had potential... but left me a little flat.

would still recommend it, though.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

didnt care for mansells score much. usually i dig his stuff but the "theme" was pretty lame.

very good movie though. i put my thoughts in the recently watched films thread.

is there another thread for this? seems like more people should be seeing this.

I'm not watching anymore SF until they make a goddamned Ringworld film. And they better make it good.

actuallly I'll probably watch this one ASAP

apparently with only a $5 million budget, the film has made enough money to generate 2 sequels. Rockwell has agreed to appear in the beginning of the second film, but who knows how the story will progress or who will be in it.

Guest beatfanatic

apparently with only a $5 million budget, the film has made enough money to generate 2 sequels. Rockwell has agreed to appear in the beginning of the second film, but who knows how the story will progress or who will be in it.

I loved "Moon" but I really dont think it needs a sequel.

Really enjoyed this movie. Original and interesting. Never quite went where you thought it was going to go. It doesn't "need" a sequel, but there's so many ideas that could be expanded upon, i'd be very interested to see what a sequel would be about.

• 2 months later...

guess I forgot to express how disappointed I was by this....

too much like a wannabe 2001, which is apparent from the poster and predictable...

have seen second series Outer Limit episodes that were more interesting....

Bowies' son should have made a film about his dad...

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I thought it was really good especially for the 5 mil budget, first feature time crunch and everything. I'm positive Zowies next flick will be tits and fucking clit

Archived