IGNORED

Futurama returning to series TV

Rubin Farr

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yea, futurama doesn't have like specific scenes that are funnier than others, it's just the aesthetic of the show that I really enjoy. It's less like the simpsons in that you have to really understand the sit part to get the com part. If you just turned on the show, you wouldn't find Hermes very funny, but once you understand that he's a Jamaican bureaucrat, everything he says is just hilarious.

Guest uelogy
heh, i checked youtube and couldnt find anything anyway.

thats what she said.....

wooooooooooooooo

• 1 month later...
Guest analogue wings

For all the people still planning to watch after those awful awful movies...

"We love the Futurama voice performers and absolutely wanted to use them, but unfortunately, we could not meet their salary demands. While replacing these talented actors will be difficult, the show must go on. We are confident that we will find terrific new performers to give voice to Matt and David's brilliantly subversive characters."

Link

NOW will you give up on it?

alright, before I start, nothing, NOTHING in the world of cartoon will ever top the Simpsons Seasons 5-8.....that can NEVER be topped.

That said, Futurama gave me such a refreshing new take on Matt's animation and the other writers' style....the jokes that seemed hammy as shit on the later Simpsons seasons fell perfectly into place on Futurama....I love the bad jokes with wordplay and blatant idiosyncrasies(spelling?).

Also, anything is better than Family Guy.

wow new voices that suuuucks.

I agree about seasons 5-8 of simpsons. That truly can never be topped.

However, Family Guy seasons 1-3 are absolutely genius and come in close second. However the drek that is Family Guy these days is similar to the drek that is The Simpsons. Family Guy's rise and fall is like a microcosm of the career of the Simpsons.

Why is it impossible to find someone who likes the Simpsons, Futurama and Family Guy? Sometimes I seem like the only one.

alright, perhaps i was a little too harsh towards family guy.

but its like hearing kids rave about the new souljaboy album and when you say, "hey guys, if you thought that was good rap check out A Tribe Called Quest"..and then hear them rant on and on about how outdated and old it is.

oh shit instead of a witty retort we can just have a retarded naked deaf guy pop up out of nowhere and fart into a microphone

oh shit instead of a joke relevant to the plot line, lets have little to no plot at all, and when we truely run out of ideas, lets bring back that chicken mascot for the EIGHTH FUCKING TIME

yeah i agree about how family guy has turned into total shit, with complete lack of ideas. BUT, I just rewatched season 1 and 2 and they are every bit as fresh and funny as the simpsons in their prime.

5-8? why limit it that much? more like 2-8 imo

and that sucks about the new voices thing...how much did they get paid in the first place anyway?

Simpsons seasons 2-9

South Park seasons 1-13

Futurama every season so far.

Family GUy seasons 1-2

King of the Hill - nothing

Guest bitroast

5-8? why limit it that much? more like 2-8 imo

and that sucks about the new voices thing...how much did they get paid in the first place anyway?

yeah i dunno. they agreed to do the dvd movies which i thought would've been very little money all round, with people more inclined to do it for the show and all that rubbish.

wtf is with the king of the hill hatred.. better writing than allll this shit.

i never understood the hate for king of the hill either...hank is such a great character....peggy and bobby too...i guess you have to enjoy more subtle comedy, like their strange mannerisms....

i think having lived or experienced that kind of middle american culture helps a lot too.

wtf is with the king of the hill hatred.. better writing than allll this shit.

i never understood the hate for king of the hill either...hank is such a great character....peggy and bobby too...i guess you have to enjoy more subtle comedy, like their strange mannerisms....

i think having lived or experienced that kind of middle american culture helps a lot too.

i love king of the hill and you're completely right about its subtlety. not everyone can enjoy it.

Guest Glitchy

Loved the series and the movies. the movies didnt work quite so well I guess mainly because of the length. Id be very keen for a new series but if they really are getting new voice actors it would be a horrible atrocity.

is this the glitch i remember .. ?? .. if so .. hi + how did you get your post count up so quickly .. made a return with a splash .. !!?? ..

eneewae .. laeta huemaiva

edit - i don't remember you being so young (relative term here kids)

Archived