IGNORED

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

Rubin Farr

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
anybody who says Burton is a bad filmmaker needs to watch his greatest film

Ed Wood

Weird you should mention Ed Wood because I was just watching it last night. Great movie.

anybody who says Burton is a bad filmmaker needs to watch his greatest film

Ed Wood

hell yeah... another fav of mine!

1. mars attacks

2. ed wood

3. beetlejuice

4. big fish

5. pee wee's...

6. batman/batman returns

7. sleepy hollow

8. edward scissorhands

if i didn't mention it... i didn't like it!

Guest Barricade

Burton is like Hollywood's "we-need-to-make-a-movie-of-a-popular-story-but-with-a-dark-twist-but-not-too-twisted-so-it's-still-popular-and-we-actually-don't-know-any-other-director-so-anything-he-makes-is-always-good" director.

i do like most of his films but come on... alice? that story has been milked dry throughout the decades...

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Epic.

Had all his strengths. Crazy plot, fantastic music and signing, great voice actors, surreal look. Good and bad, flawed main character, etc. The music! I liked the corpse bride kind of, but the music just didn't stand up to nightmare.

*waits for someone to call this out*

Epic.

Had all his strengths.

Yes, one of the strengths being it was directed by Henry Selick, not Burton, lol.

so this movie seems like kind of the same concept as Return to Oz except this movie seems way more referential of the original Alice in wonderland than Return to Oz was referential of the first Wizard of Oz story, its a shame burton doesn't try to expand the universe with some more interesting characters. I think burton wishes he could make a fantasy movie as good as return to oz or labyrinth , but his style is way too heavy handed and overly candy coated stylized to allow for a movie of that quality

Guest thanksomuch
is he married to johnny depp and helena bohnam carter?

i'd like to be the meat in that sammich!

*edit: also, i want to see who plays the Mock Turtle and the Griffen. my most fave characters in Alice in Wonderland

David Bowie's awful gay singing ruined Labyrinth

i saw it when i was a kid originally so i guess i didn't mind, even looking back on it the bowie is still not a ruiner. in fact i want to see Labyrinth again just i can see his gigantic cod piece and the magic dance song

crotch.jpg

Epic.

Had all his strengths.

Yes, one of the strengths being it was directed by Henry Selick, not Burton, lol.

lol

Archived