IGNORED

Most Dissapointing Aphex Track

boris

ΔMi−1 = −αΣn=1NDi[n][Σj∈C{i}Fji[n − 1] + Fexti[[n−1]]

That's another one. When I looked up the track listing for the Windowlicker EP and saw that there was a track with a formula for a name I thought there would be something special about it. All I found was all the patches used to make Windowlicker mixed in a blender, though... along with some fucking around with a Mac app used to draw pictures through a spectrogram.

Ha I actually really like that equation track. It's ballistic and whooshy. Why not eh?

Melodies from Mars is pretty meh, but we were technically never supposed to hear it, so I'll let it slide.

Melodies From Mars is awesome. Totally seminal work... pretty much the first evidence of rdj writing songs with melodies that have more than one part.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yellow Calx.

I'm going to second this. While the other two Calx tracks weren't the highlights of SAW 1 & 2 for me, I'd say they were probably each in the top three of the album they appeared on. Yellow Calx felt like one of the lesser tracks on RDJA to me. Not a bad song by any means, but it didn't quite have the same calxiness.

Guest Calx Sherbet

Yellow Calx.

I'm going to second this. While the other two Calx tracks weren't the highlights of SAW 1 & 2 for me, I'd say they were probably each in the top three of the album they appeared on. Yellow Calx felt like one of the lesser tracks on RDJA to me. Not a bad song by any means, but it didn't quite have the same calxiness.

who died and made you chairman of the calxiness magnitude board?

Taking Control

whaaaaat

we are the music makers for me, still a great chill track tho

It's one of the few 'Aphex Twin' tracks that I find kind of boring, somehow. It feels like he's going through the motions with that track..

Archived