IGNORED

wrist watches

kokoon

Guest 277: 930-933

I used to wear one but it's so tedious taking it off every time you go to bed or have a shower and then having to remember to put it back on so I stopped wearing one.

No accessories for me at all actually, and it's great.

I just remembered this one occurence from when I did wear a wristwatch, it was at a trainstation, a girl came up to me to ask the time after walking past one of those gigantic high precision railroad clocks and before taking out her mobile to send a text...

Also, what's with those gigantic watches that seem to have become hip in the past year?

Wearing one of those is like wearing a huge 'I'm an idiot' sign on your wrist.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate a nice watch, some of those really futuristic ones are cool even, but those gigantic gold rimmed disks, fucking hell.

Guest 277: 930-933

I find it uncomfortable to sleep with a watch around my wrist and there's the added risk of injury when masturbating furiously or fistfucking your loved one.

i have like four of them... 2 of them i wear all the time. a fossil and a diesel. the guess and kenneth cole i hardly wear. actually the guess i don't wear at all anymore. the kenneth cole one i wear when ever i wear a dress shirt at dinner or something. the fossil and diesel i wear according to what type of shirt i have on that day (the diesel i wear when ever i wear a polo or button up shirt... the fossil i wear whenever i wear a t-shirt)!

I have a very strange aversion to watches or any type of accessories for that matter. Rings, necklaces, bracelets, piercings, watches.... none of it floats my boat.

I've never worn a watch, and I don't plan on ever wearing one. Same with rings... ugh... I dunno but when I see someone all decked out like that it makes me cringe.

Even girls who wear lots of rings and bracelets and shit kinda ruin their beauty for me. Also fuck spending superfluous amounts of money on things designed to make yourself look better when human beings look just fine as they are. I'm ok with hats and makeup and a realistic amount of earrings on a girl but beyond that its just too much.

Anyways back to the watch thing, yeah I have a cell phone so I'll never need a watch. Considering I'm 20 now it would look even more ridiculous if I suddenly started to wear one.

In conclusion, spend your money on food, drugs, electronic goodies and such. If you really need to make a fashion statement buy some clothes. All that extra shit is completely unnecessary and in my opinion it actually usually makes you look worse.

maybe its just me though

I have a very strange aversion to watches or any type of accessories for that matter. Rings, necklaces, bracelets, piercings, watches.... none of it floats my boat.

I've never worn a watch, and I don't plan on ever wearing one. Same with rings... ugh... I dunno but when I see someone all decked out like that it makes me cringe.

Even girls who wear lots of rings and bracelets and shit kinda ruin their beauty for me. Also fuck spending superfluous amounts of money on things designed to make yourself look better when human beings look just fine as they are. I'm ok with hats and makeup and a realistic amount of earrings on a girl but beyond that its just too much.

Anyways back to the watch thing, yeah I have a cell phone so I'll never need a watch. Considering I'm 20 now it would look even more ridiculous if I suddenly started to wear one.

In conclusion, spend your money on food, drugs, electronic goodies and such. If you really need to make a fashion statement buy some clothes. All that extra shit is completely unnecessary and in my opinion it actually usually makes you look worse.

maybe its just me though

they're just watches dude! how can a watch make you look worse? yeah... it's just you!

Guest leprechaun

Yes always where a watch, though I take it off in the evening. A watch is kind of a must for nurses and it needs to have a second hand for counting heart/resp rates, so I have my ugly work watch as well as an every day watch. I have a couple of nice watches for special occasions too, including a platinum Bulova that's a family heirloom

Casio Waveceptor with a NATO style Maratac.

When I refused to own a cellular phone, I was into watches. I've always liked to carry as little as possible so it seems a bit redundant now that I caved and bought a phone. Lovely watch though.

i really don't see my watch as a fashion accessory, it's there just to tell the time. i don't own more than one watch, i like my stuff to be low-maintenance, so i'm really happy with my tissot automatic mechanic watch. no hassle with the batteries, doesn't need winding, ... i'm also using a velcro strap, as i don't like the heavy metallic bracelets, and the plastic ones make you sweat too much under them.

tissot_pr100_divermatic-black.jpg

what i meant to ask with this thread was more about the fact that some people carry the time-telling device on their wrist, while the other carry it in their pocket. i think that's quite a difference, i think it's much more accessible on the wrist, which probably also means that people that use their cellphones look at the time less frequently...

I've developed time telling to a degree where I don't have to look at the time for hours and I still know (by around 5 minutes) exactly what time it is. I'm quite proud of this fact, only the autistic part of it scares me sometimes...

i own this watch, which i bought just so i could take this picture of it and i neglected to return it to the store afterwards. i have never worn it.

frozen%20time.jpg

Archived