Metropolis Soundtrack by Watmmers

zazen

Proudly presenting the last two sequences from this batch:

Part 13 - Music by Braintree

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjj9u3cZezI

Part 20 - Music by Zephyr Nova

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQzVNaM3uNo

See here for the full list.

If you're interested in composing music for one of the nine remaining sequences, then post in this thread or PM me. Sequences will be randomly allocated to the first nine people to sign up, and sent out on the 27th of December.

As it turns out, most of the sequences that are unfinished at the moment are really interesting ones (the transformation of the machine man, Maria's dance, riots in the machine district and the grand finale) ... so if you do sign up, there's a good chance of getting a classic scene to score.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sequence 23, the last few minutes of the film, accompanied by music from Xenocrates:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9WL_Vbt7fs

Still 3 or 4 places left for any volunteers who want to score one of the remaining unfinished sequences - you have until Dec 27th to sign up, and you'll get two months to do it.

Still 3 or 4 places left for any volunteers who want to score one of the remaining unfinished sequences - you have until Dec 27th to sign up, and you'll get two months to do it.

if THAT's the case can I have my old one back? you didn't give it away yet i don't think.

I'm really impressed with Zephyr Nova's score.

Thanks and thanks! Nice work youself Braintree, it really captures the mood.

There's lots of good work here. Kaen's intro music is perfect, and MRX's chase scene fucking blew my mind. I look forward to hearing the rest.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, 6 people, or possibly 7, are now working on new sequences. This page shows who's doing what.

There is still one (or possible two) sequences unaccounted for - let me know if you're interested in writing music for one of them.

zazen your organizational skills, general non-stop efficiency for details, and thorough documentation of everything is quite impressive. Not just this either, most the posts you make too. Just sayin'.

PS - It's on, I got an awesome section to do ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

sorry should have my submission done tonight (I am the turbo ultimate procrastinator champion of the universe)

95% done with my contribution, wanna make sure to give it a nice dirty clean polish so I wanna sleep on it and put in my final icing tomorrow, should submit by 9:11pm mountain time(33:33zx greenswitch standard)

Looks like 4 or 5 new clips have come in or are coming in soon, there might be 1 or 2 sequences still up for grabs if anyone is interested ... pm me or post here if you are ...

I know a lot of people put some really ambitious work into their sections so I'm gonna do the same in a hurry.

Ive been working pretty hard on mine but I kinda completely blew it off until the day it was due... lol.. (like I said championship title owner of procrastinator of the universe) because I couldn't find any tutorials on syncing video with cubase(which I also sync with reason)... and then I figured out its the easiest thing ever. anyway, I'm really excited about what im doing(which is nothing like what I was planning but I think is more interesting) pretty crazy mix of my style of meshuggah shoe gaze guitars, deftones mixed with zach hill percussion and dark trippay synth work. I could have submitted this last night but I might as well spend at the most 3 more nights working on it before I submit this baby.

want to make this good being I have to follow up a really good part 1 for the soundtrack, either way this all in good fun, hope everyone is really satisfied with the total compilation in general though

I really wish I spent a bit more time on my one last year, comparing my track with some of the others here is a bit of a facepalm moment for me .... Nevermind, it's was my first attempt at scoring something, and I foolishly thought it'd be easy!

Yeh it ain't easy breezy so much indeed, I mean you can score something really lazily and make it fitting depending on the delicate vibe of the piece... this movie has some pretty subtle weird undertones etc. makes it a lil more challenging to try and explain the vibes you get from a given scene in this flick...

I will no doubt be done with my part tonight or early tomorrow night, not that many people are paying attention, how long has this project been delayed for? hahaha

all I know is I got a 88 key hammer action feelers midi contraziolla on this shit "now dawg'"

• 3 weeks later...

So finally I unveil the three new bits that got done:

Part 2 by Stenotic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSEqFDh4hr8

Part 10 by Lascaille

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QDGjAYwn88

Part 15 by Cowboys For Christ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH_cj9qy7Ps

There are 4 more sequences left to do, post here or PM me if you're interested, and I'll try and sort out who's doing what next weekend.

Great work guys, I hope 4 people sign up to do the remaining 4 sequences. Thanks Zazen for keeping this going. I hope soon you can take over the remix competition again, i miss it.

Archived