what was the worst fashion ever?

Guest mrcopyandpaste

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hate all this sort of shit

hammer1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W51pa8XIL8Y

JNCOs. Fucking hated those, I was a military brat and for some reason those (and baggy pants in general) stayed popular at overseas bases a lot longer than they did in the States. I can't believe skinny jeans are what the hipsters wear; you'd get your ass kicked wearing those in the late 90s. Shit, fashion itself is the worst ever.

skin color isn't a fashion sense! oompa loompas can't help the color of their skin!

:lol:

Glasses that aren't.

This! And hipsters in general:

http://www.latfh.com/

I know the best thing would be if I could just ignore them, but hipsters really irritate me. I can't put my finger on what it is about them that annoys me? I think it has to do with them trying to act nerdy knowing that they will still be acknowledge as trendy. I don't know. Fuckit.

Hipsters have no emotional attachment to anything but attention and being ironic (but not really). It's a way to get around the fact that they are uninteresting cunts. Subcultures like punks, candy ravers, the emo/screamo thing, etc. are annoying as fuck, but at least the core of them actually love what they listen to and represent. Unity and common ethos I guess. Hipsters don't have that, just ego and being into the trend of the moment. It's disgusting.

guys in cardigans made in 2009

levis-merino-wool-cardigan.jpg

i have 2 of these. a black one as pictured and a brown striped one!

as far as worst ever? i think it would have to be early 90s cross color clothes.

nothing lately seems to bother me... the looks of these "hipsters" that yall seem to diss aint so bad!

I want to murder anybody who wears an indie scarf.

hipstersscarves.jpg

then you'd probably want to come after me... since i own about 5 of these scarves! 3 of them used to belong to the wife who doesn't wear them anymore!

hell... you (and about 90% of watmm) will hate the fact that i wear these scarves on my head sometimes!

youd get knocked the fuck out if you attempted to do that at an actual rave

when that kid gets old enough to go he will be mortified.

Dancing is forbidden at raves now?

Early 90's bright color shit ugh.

The worst part is that shit is making a comeback. Ever been in an Urban Planet?

Bright colors were dead by 1990...that was an 80s thing. I hate today's hipster fashion too...just recycled ugliness.

Guest Enter a new display name

I want to murder anybody who wears an indie scarf.

hipstersscarves.jpg

then you'd probably want to come after me... since i own about 5 of these scarves! 3 of them used to belong to the wife who doesn't wear them anymore!

hell... you (and about 90% of watmm) will hate the fact that i wear these scarves on my head sometimes!

I forgive you... Because you're a graphic designer!

i own a flannel plaid shirt and i would like to think that it is cool on me

i genuinely detest hipsters. soulless and boring

see, what's seriously annoying about them all is that inside of their little groups they're so awesome and wonderful. and they make you feel this unconscious self loathing for not fitting into their fashion. in reality though, as soon as you've penetrated their group you are to find that there is nothing there, just an empty black hole in which petty chatter and zombie egotism roams. so fuck them

i would say all of my friends are hip, but not a single one of them is a hipster. love thy neighbor though

see, what's seriously annoying about them all is that inside of their little groups they're so awesome and wonderful. and they make you feel this unconscious self loathing for not fitting into their fashion. in reality though, as soon as you've penetrated their group you are to find that there is nothing there, just an empty black hole in which petty chatter and zombie egotism roams. so fuck them

i would say all of my friends are hip, but not a single one of them is a hipster. love thy neighbor though

same can be said about any group of people no matter what lifestyle they're into... maybe everyone seems to be pinpointing these hipsters because there is so many of them? they don't bother me at all... anyone can appear soulless to the watmm massive i guess!

also vamos, why do you feel "self loathing for not fitting into their fashion"? seems like you wanted to be a part of this but couldn't pull it off or something. i'm sorry if it seems like i'm picking on you, i'm not at all. i'm actually talking to the watmm collective... actually scratch that... i don't give a shit!

same can be said about any group of people no matter what lifestyle they're into... maybe everyone seems to be pinpointing these hipsters because there is so many of them? they don't bother me at all... anyone can appear soulless to the watmm massive i guess!

also vamos, why do you feel "self loathing for not fitting into their fashion"? seems like you wanted to be a part of this but couldn't pull it off or something. i'm sorry if it seems like i'm picking on you, i'm not at all. i'm actually talking to the watmm collective... actually scratch that... i don't give a shit!

anybody who broadly groups all hipsters as boring and personalityless is a completely idiotic judgemental wanker, because it blatantly isnt true.

you are both incorrect. hipsters are actually responsible for the death of western civilization.

previous cultural generations may have been dorky or whatever, but at least they were sincere and authentic. hipsterdom is all about irony. once everything is ironic and sarcastic, nothing has any meaning. everything is pointless. people are already making and continue to make important life long decisions based purely on irony. and there is no where else for anything to go after this. it leads to a dead end across all spectrums. hipsters have destroyed everything that people genuinely enjoy, anything old or nostalgic. once you realize the implications of what's actually going on here, you'll get scared. and there's nothing anyone can do.

anybody who broadly groups all hipsters as boring and personalityless is a completely idiotic judgemental wanker, because it blatantly isnt true.

you are both incorrect. hipsters are actually responsible for the death of western civilization.

previous cultural generations may have been dorky or whatever, but at least they were sincere and authentic. hipsterdom is all about irony. once everything is ironic and sarcastic, nothing has any meaning. everything is pointless. people are already making and continue to make important life long decisions based purely on irony. and there is no where else for anything to go after this. it leads to a dead end across all spectrums. hipsters have destroyed everything that people genuinely enjoy, anything old or nostalgic. once you realize the implications of what's actually going on here, you'll get scared. and there's nothing anyone can do.

Well said. Granted the label "hipster" is subjective, but if you are offended, then I doubt you are on, because hipsters lack emotions.

There have always been attention seekers in scenes and subcultures, and fads in general, but the entire "hipster" trend is disturbing because they are specifically proud of not caring. Their ethos is apathy and ego. They are a waste byproduct of postmodern society.

You could say that about '90s grunge people too. I don't think that's exclusive to hipsters.

The problem is that some people make their style their own, whereas others cop the popular trend in a more mindless way, and that cuts across all fashion fads.

If you meet someone with glasses that aren't, you have to start a conversation about how your optician reccomends you get glasses and you quite like the model they have on, ask to try them on etc etc. Watch the fucker squirm.

Archived