1. 1. favourite hab track

• children talking
    • hangable autobulb
    • laughable butane bob
    • bit
    • custodian discount
    • wabby legs
    • every day

Arched maid via rdj has to be one of his best tracks ever. One of the most memorable melodies, intense yet at the same time melancholic, and then there's that lovely outro. You cant ask for more really.

It doesn't do shit for me. I find it very contrived.

Arched maid via rdj has to be one of his best tracks ever. One of the most memorable melodies, intense yet at the same time melancholic, and then there's that lovely outro. You cant ask for more really.

that track is, for me at least, easily the worst track on the EP and quite possibly my least favourite track that AFX has ever released. i have never understood the amount of love it gets on this forum.

that track is, for me at least, easily the worst track on the EP and quite possibly my least favourite track that AFX has ever released. i have never understood the amount of love it gets on this forum.

couldn't have said it better.

Guest Calx Sherbet

agreed!

couldn't have said it better.

Arched Maid is a sizeable pile of overrated wank. Wabby Legs on the other hand is fucking ace, especially when it finally kicks off after about three minutes. The buildup, although pleasing enough itself, is like really tantalising foreplay. Voted Children Talking though, never fails to cheer me up.

I don't think Arched Maid is that bad, it's just one of the worse songs on HAB. Nowhere near as bad as the usual Aphex filler but it could be a lot better. I can't stand most of the synths used in the track and those whiney sounds (like around 2:25) just get on my nerves. There's nothing notable about the melody.

Guest Adjective

they all have segments i love but laughable butane bob is the only one i love start to finish

the whining synth in arched maid actually makes me feel something every time i play it. i wait for it

Id like to see you write a melody half as good as arched maid via, but it comforts me that if I suck at music someone might still like my stuff anyway

LUDD has, more than once imo.

EDIT: Saying that, I still enjoy the song.

I voted for "Children Talking". I always loved that song.

However, I gotta back up the luv for Arched Maid Via RDJ.

Easily my second pick followed by Every Day.

That song is fucking awesome.

2:05-2:50 is fucking epic.

Id like to see you write a melody half as good as arched maid via, but it comforts me that if I suck at music someone might still like my stuff anyway

my epitaph shall be "he once wrote a melody half as good as arched maid via rdj"

my epitaph shall be "he once wrote a melody half as good as arched maid via rdj"

I meant as good as or better tbh. I didn't see the 1/2 part till you said something.

I don't make music but I do pay other people for the privilege of listening to theirs, so I'd like to think that I'm as entitled to say that I think something I've paid for is crap as the next person is to eulogise over it.

*waits for Velazquez to correct grammatical howlers*

arched maid I could see having annoying synth, but the melody is the most amazing melody ever and you are a gay man if you don't think so. It sounds similar in composition to Im self employed to me, but hey, its purely subjective

Archived